Aerosmith returns to the road with Global Warming tour
Will they make it through the dates without killing each other?
After Steven Tyler has wrapped up his season two “American Idol” judging duties, look for him to return to his day job: Aerosmith will start its first U.S. tour in two years on June 16 at Minneapolis’s Target Center.
There’s no word yet on if the new album, which the band has been working on for ages now, will be ready by then. Aerosmith’s last studio album was 2004’s “Honkin’ On Bobo.”
The band seems to be over the latest rough chapter in its tremendously fractious 40-year history. In fact, frenemies Tyler and Joe Perry sounded absolutely besotted with each other on Twitter a few days ago, discussing Perry’s playing happy birthday to Tyler on “Idol.”
The next public appearance for the band will be a press conference about the Global Warming tour (and perhaps some other news) on Wednesday at The Grove in Los Angeles. Tickets for the tour dates go on sale March 31.
Follow Melinda Newman @HitfixMelinda
The Global Warming Tour
North American Dates
June 16 Minneapolis, MN Target Center
June 19 Cleveland, OH Quicken Loans Arena
June 22 Chicago, IL United Center
June 27 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre
July 1 Uniondale, NY Nassau Coliseum
July 3 Bristow, VA Jiffy Lube Live
July 5 Detroit, MI The Palace of Auburn Hills
July 7 Milwaukee, WI Marcus Amphitheater, Summerfest
July 17 Boston, MA TD Garden
July 21 Philadelphia, PA Wells Fargo Center
July 24 East Rutherford, NJ IZOD Center
July 26 Atlanta, GA Philips Arena
July 28 Dallas, TX American Airlines Center
July 30 Houston, TX Toyota Center
August 1 Denver, CO Pepsi Center
August 4 Oakland, CA Oracle Arena
August 6 Los Angeles, CA Hollywood Bowl
August 8 Tacoma, WA Tacoma Dome
News From Our Partners
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do.
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
'The Great Gatsby' and Beyonce's bey-bey also make the listSunday, May 19, 2013
Who is in the lead?Saturday, May 18, 2013
They let their fingers do the talkingFriday, May 17, 2013
How do you auto-tune a smurf?Friday, May 17, 2013