Adam Lambert works with the creme de la creme on 'For Your Entertainment'
New songs by Pink, Lady GaGa, Weezer's Rivers Cuomo, but why does it still feel like a mixed bag?
Adam Lambert has lined-up a who’s who of top producers and songwriters for his post-“American Idol” debut, “For Your Entertainment.”
While most of the names have leaked out already, below is a complete track listing of Lambert’s Nov. 23 release along with songwriters and producers. Some names are no surprise like Britney Spears’ partners in crime Dr. Luke and Max Martin or “AI” judge Kara Dioguardi, and OneRepublic’s Ryan Tedder, who seems to be writing for everyone these days. (We’re a little bummed that DioGuardi’s contribution, called “Strut,” isn’t actually a remake of the Sheena Easton song…Lambert would tear that up).
A few other contributions, like those from Pink, Lady GaGa and Weezer’s Rivers Cuomo, we’re very eager to hear, but we’re most excited about “Music Again,” written by the Darkness’s Justin Hawkins. Hawkins and Lambert share the same sense of drama and glam attitude, so that song will no doubt be crazily over the top.
The producers are all over the place—while we’ve only heard the title track and “2012” theme “Time for Miracles,” which is on here as a bonus cut—it’s hard to imagine that the CD hangs together as any collected work; it seems like it will be a set of 14 very different songs that reside on the same disc. it's a bit of the "It Takes a Village" approach to record making. Rob Cavallo, who produced four tracks, is best known for his work with Green Day and Goo Goo Dolls, while Linda Perry is famous (aside from being in 4 Non-Blondes) for writing and producing Pink and Christina Aguilera. Howard Benson is best associated with rock acts like Daughtry. We anticipate a very mixed bag.
Below is the track listing.
1. MUSIC AGAIN: Writer – Justin Hawkins, Producer – Rob Cavallo
2. FOR YOUR ENTERTAINMENT: Writers – Claude Kelly/Dr. Luke, Producer: Dr. Luke
3. WHATAYA WANT FROM ME: Writers: Pink, Max Martin, Johan Shellbeck, Producers: Max Martin & Johan Shellback
4. STRUT: Writers: Adam Lambert, Kara DioGuardi, Greg Wells, Producer: Greg Wells
5. SOAKED: Writer: Matthew Bellamy (MUSE), Producer: Rob Cavallo
6. SURE FIRE WINNERS: Writers: David Gamson, Alexander James, Oliver Lieber, Producer: Rob Cavallo
7. A LOADED SMILE: Writer/Producer – Linda Perry
8, IF I HAD YOU: Writers- Max Martin, Johan Shellback, Savan Kotecha, Producers: Max Martin & Johan Shellback Borows
9. PICK U UP: Writers- Rivers Cuomo, Greg Wells, Adam Lambert. Producer – Greg Wells
10. FEVER: Writers - Lady Gaga, Jeff Bhasker, Producer- Jeff Bhasker
11. SLEEPWALKER: Writers - Ryan Tedder, Aimee Mayo, Chris Lindsey, Producer- Ryan Tedder
12. AFTERMATH: Writers- Adam Lambert, Alisan Porter, Ferras, Ely Rise. Producer- Howard Benson
13. BROKEN OPEN: Writers- Greg Wells, Adam Lambert, Evan Bogart. Producer- Greg Wells
14. TIME FOR MIRACLES: Writers – Alain Johannes, Natasha Shneider. Producer- Rob Cavallo