Kings of Leon, U2, Green Day face-off in 2010 Grammy predictions for Best Rock Performance:
What are Clapton and Winwood doing in there?
As we continue to look at the upcoming Grammy Awards, today we look at the contenders for Best rock performance by a duo or group with vocals.
Best Rock Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals
Why is a live recording of a 40-year old song in here? It doesn’t seem fair to me. Or why don’t the Grammys start a live category since they also saw fit to nominate Hall & Oates’ live version of “Sara Smile” for best pop performance by a duo or group with vocals. There are deserving acts that should have gotten that slot, such as Ben Harper & the Relentless 7. Otherwise, there’s little padding here. Coldplay’s year was last year, so this is a three-way race between Green day, Kings of Leon and U2. Perennial faves U2 may snare the trophy if too many geezers vote, but Kings of Leon 100% deserves the Grammy, as much as we adore Green Day. “Use Somebody” has a great vocal performance by Caleb Followil and it was one of the biggest rock hits of the year.
The Grammys goes to: Kings of Leon, “Use Somebody.”
News From Our Partners
- 'The World's End' Trailer: Pints, Pals, and Killer Robots! Francis Ford Coppola Directing New Italian-American Saga 'Don Jon' Trailer: Joseph-Gordon Levitt and Scarlett Johansson Go Jersey
- The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults
- 'Metallica Through the Never' Trailer: Angry Mobs and "Master of Puppets" 'Timecop' Being Remade, As All Movies Eventually Must 'We're The Millers' Red Band NSFW Trailer: Jennifer Aniston and Jason Sudeikis Smuggle Drugs
- Hear This: You don’t have to know the words to have fun with this Stone Temple Pilots single Watch This: Ronin is a triumph of crime-flick economy Cannes Film Festival: Cannes, Day Seven: J.C. Chandor makes good, Nicolas Winding Refn goes bad, and Claire Denis gets ugly
- Justin Bieber's 'Baby' Is Highest-Certified Single in History, But His Monkey Is No Longer His Son Ho Young's Girlfriend Found Dead Listen to The-Dream Collaborate With Beyonce on 'Turnt'
- 'Man Of Steel': Is Zod Superman's Khan? New 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Watch Now! 'The Hangover': Retracing The Success Of A Few Crazy Nights
- Charlotte Robinson: Somer Bingham Talks LGBT Issues and Life After The Real L Word (AUDIO) PHOTOS: Has Ellen Had Enough Of LA? Jennifer Aniston On 'Friends' Reunion: 'We All Miss Working Together'
- Total Recall: Bradley Cooper's Best Movies Parental Guidance: Epic and Beautiful Creatures Comic Book Movies You Can Watch Online
Quartet hopes to put out new set 'in the next year'Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Daft Punk scores its first Top 10 hitWednesday, May 22, 2013
Will their collaboration yield Smith's first release in 8 years?Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Tickets go on sale on FridayTuesday, May 21, 2013