Buy summer's hottest concert tix for no service fee on Wednesday
Live Nation offers up to 5 million tix with no fees. Is free parking next?
Get them while you can. On Wednesday, concert promoter Live Nation will serve up No Service Fee Wednesday. You can buy all the lawn seat tickets you want to all the hottest summer shows coming to Live Nation venues across the land with no service fee. Given that the service fee is often a large percentage of the overall price (especially if you're going for the cheapest seats) and easily inspires ire with ticket buyers, it's a good chance to stick it to the man while getting tickets for face value.
Tickets for any amphitheater that uses Live Nation for its ticketing are included. As you probably know, Live Nation is in charge of most of the ticketing for its dozens of amphitheaters since its contract with Ticketmaster ran out several months ago. (That little maneuver is, in part, what led to the pending Ticketmaster/Live Nation merger) Tickets must be purchased through livenation.com and the sale starts at 12:01 a.m. June 3. Live Nation says that more than five million tickets are up for grabs.
Sure it's a bid to put butts in seats and once you're at the venue, you'll spend all that cash you saved on service fees on something tangible, like a beer or a t-shirt, but it's a win-win as far as we can see. Plus, Live Nation plans to roll out similar promotions every Wednesday through the summer. Of course, you're still on your own for parking.
We say take advantage before the Ticketmaster/Live Nation merger happens (if it happens) because we know service fees aren't going away then.
Below is a list for some of the artists playing shows this summer at participating venues.
- Brad Paisley with Dierks Bentley
- Crosby Stills & Nash
- Crue Fest 2
- Dave Matthews Band
- Def Leppard with Poison and Cheap Trick
- Depeche Mode
- George Strait with Blake Shelton and Julianne Hough Incubus
- Jason Mraz
- Kid Rock & Lynyrd Skynyrd
- New Kids on the Block
- Nine Inch Nails and Jane's Addiction
- No Doubt
- Rascal Flatts with Darius Rucker
- REO Speedwagon & Styx
- Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival featuring Marilyn Manson & Slayer
- Rod Stewart
- The Allman Brothers Band
- The Fray
- The Killers
- Toby Keith with Trace Adkins
- Warped Tour
News From Our Partners
- 'The World's End' Trailer: Pints, Pals, and Killer Robots! Francis Ford Coppola Directing New Italian-American Saga 'Don Jon' Trailer: Joseph-Gordon Levitt and Scarlett Johansson Go Jersey
- Total Recall: Bradley Cooper's Best Movies Parental Guidance: Epic and Beautiful Creatures Comic Book Movies You Can Watch Online
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Premiere of Rookie Blue and the Series Premieres of Save Me, Showville, and Does Someone Have to Go? What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds The Critics Choice Awards Nominations Choose Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad
- 'Man Of Steel': Is Zod Superman's Khan? New 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Watch Now! 'The Hangover': Retracing The Success Of A Few Crazy Nights
- Netflix's 'Hemlock Grove': Is Season 2 in the Cards? 'Arrow' Season 2: What Major Scene Was Cut From the Finale? J.J. Abrams Adresses 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Underwear Scene by Showing Benedict Cumberbatch Showering
- Jennifer Aniston Strips In New Movie AMC Boss Reveals Plans For 'The Walking Dead's' Future Amy's Baking Co. Owner Facing Deportation?
- Interview: Arrested Development’s Jeffrey Tambor on the show’s return and inevitable movie Gateways To Geekery: An initiation into the psychedelic sci-fi rock of Hawkwind Hear This: You don’t have to know the words to have fun with this Stone Temple Pilots single
- Rihanna Bares Butt on Instagram [Pic] Kid Ink to Release 'Almost Home' EP on May 28, Tour With Kendrick Lamar Justin Bieber's 'Baby' Is Highest-Certified Single in History, But His Monkey Is No Longer His
Quartet hopes to put out new set 'in the next year'Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Daft Punk scores its first Top 10 hitWednesday, May 22, 2013
Will their collaboration yield Smith's first release in 8 years?Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Tickets go on sale on FridayTuesday, May 21, 2013