The designers of 'Project Runway All Stars' are announced
Isaac Mizrahi, Georgina Chapman will judge returning favorites
"Project Runway" fans, rejoice! Lifetime has announced the new judges, mentor, host and 13 of the show’s contestants for the show we've all been waiting for: "Project Runway All Stars." Judges for the show will include nutball designer/TV personality Isaac Mizrahi and designer Georgina Chapman, while supermodel Angela Lindvall will host. Marie Claire Editor-in-Chief Joanna Coles will also be on hand to mentor the contestants.
So, who will be coming to the party to prove their mettle, redeem themselves or just take a crack at the biggest prize in "PR" history (more on that later)?
Austin Scarlett (New York) – Season One, Fourth Place – He made a ball gown out of corn husks and was most recently the star of "On the Road with Austin and Santino." We like him as a personality, but has he lost his touch as a designer?
Kara Janx (New York) – Season Two, Fourth Place – She made a mark with kimono and wrap dresses but fell just short of the final three. We expect a strong contender.
Elisa Jimenez (New York) – Season Four, 10th Place – Famously remembered for marking her clothes with spit rather than a fabric pencil. We have a candidate for first out!
Rami Kashou (Los Angeles) – Season Four, Runner-up – The king of awards show gowns, Rami was great with draping -- but he was all about draping.
- Check out everything there is including photos, reviews, videos.
Sweet P/Kathleen Vaughn (Pasadena, CA) – Season Four, Fifth Place – One of the more "mature" contestants, Sweet P was the mama bear of her season. We're glad she's back, whether or not she has a shot at winning.
Jerell Scott (New York) – Season Five, Fourth Place – A hit on Season Five, he was too much into the bling -- which may be even more of a problem in the increasingly minimalist zeitgeist.
Kenley Collins (Brooklyn) – Season Five, Second Runner-up – Oh, we love crazy Kenley, even if she rips off famous designers without being aware of it. We hope she's gotten a subscription to Vogue or something.
Gordana Gehlhausen (San Diego) – Season Six, Fourth Place – Gordana was all about the knitwear, but we'll have to see how far it takes her.
Anthony Williams (Atlanta) – Season Seven, Fifth Place – Anthony was comic relief in season seven and for that reason alone, we hope he sticks around.
Mila Hermanovski (Los Angeles) – Season Seven, Second Runner-up – Mila! Horrible monochrome Mila! Hopefully Mizrahi, who knows something about using black and white effectively, will put her in her place.
April Johnston (Savannah, Georgia) – Season Eight, Fifth Place – April was just a kid, but we loved her rocker aesthetic. Now that she's older and (possibly) wiser, we hope for big things.
Michael Costello (Palm Springs) – Season Eight, Fourth Place – Most known for no formal training and his signature draping style, was the punching bag for his season. But we have a soft spot for him, as he somehow managed to win Mondo over. And speaking of...
Mondo Guerra (Denver) – Season Eight, Runner-up – Mondo was ROBBED! We hope he brings it this time, as he so thoroughly deserved to win over Gwetchen!
These designers will each vie for prizes including an exclusive designer’s boutique in select Neiman Marcus stores and on NeimanMarcus.com, $100,000 dollars in technology and office space to help grow their business from HP and Intel, $100,000 cash from L’Oreal Paris, a feature spread in Marie Claire, for which he or she will serve as a guest editor for one year, and a sewing and embroidery studio provided by Brother International. Sweet!
Who are you rooting for? Do you like the line-up? And what do you think about Mizrahi (coming off another fashion competition show) joining the judges' panel?
News From Our Partners
- In Pictures: The Cars of Fast & Furious Digital Multiplex: Warm Bodies and Aftershock Discover the Best-Reviewed Films in Summer Movie Scorecard 2013
- 'The Voice' Recap: Top 8 Revealed, Blake Shelton + Miranda Lambert Perform 'Over You' T-ara Member Hyomin Shows Off Her Sexy Side in Korean InStyle [Pics] Listen to David Guetta's Remix of Empire of the Sun's 'Alive
- The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H
- 'Grimm' Season Finale Review: "Goodnight, Sweet Grimm" 'The Killing' Season 3′s Latest Trailer: The Beginning of a New Spree! 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Zod Will Make Us Suffer
- Is 'Jurassic Park 4' a Reboot? Yes, According to Sam Neill 'Return of the Jedi': 25 Things You Didn't Know About the Original 'Star Wars' Trilogy Finale Melissa McCarthy Fires a 'Tammy' Extra for Mistreating Her Child
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS 7 Lessons We Learned from the 2012-2013 TV Season
- Who Won 'DWTS'? Backstage Drama Leads To 'Nashville' Changes Who Went Home On 'The Voice'?
- Seth MacFarlane's Next Film: 'Every Line Is Hilarious,' Amanda Seyfried Swears 'The Wolverine' Trailer: Five Questions It Answered 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million
The competitors get their craziest task yetWednesday, May 22, 2013
The first season of the top rated series will now run 22 episodesTuesday, May 21, 2013
All seven episodes will be available at launchTuesday, May 21, 2013
The series will air 16 episodes this summerTuesday, May 21, 2013