Recap: The latest results from 'So You Think You Can Dance'
Two more dancers hit the bricks
It’s results time! As Cat Deeley notes, it’s the last dance for one guy and one girl, which sounds either romantic or possibly fatal. I haven’t ruled out the chance we’ll see a snuff reality TV show, but I’m hoping the trend doesn’t start with dancing shows. I'm going to try to live blog this, so let's see how it goes.
Ashley and Chris on the block. And they're in danger. Yeah, saw that one coming. Clarice and Jess face off against Jordan and Tadd. The next two dancers in danger are... Jordan and Tadd. Mary can't believe it. But then she points out that it was their weakest performance to date and the field is incredibly tough. So, she really can believe it.
Ryan and Ricky are up against Sasha and Alexander. I suspect the lack of swag in Sasha and Alexander's routine will cost them.
The final couple in danger is.. Ryan and Ricky. Really? I'm surprised. I wasn't wowed by their routine, but I thought it was better than the Hip Hop 101 number by Sasha and Alexander. Travis is surprised, too. He tells them to dance for their lives. Well, yes, that would be advisable, I guess. No pressure, kids!
Cedar Lake Contemporary Ballet performs. Gorgeous routine, really. They should hire Ashley, as she seems to be a perfect fit for them and I suspect she's going home.
Time for solos. First up, Ashley. She really does have exceptional form and so much grace. Maybe she doesn't need a job after all.
Chris dances next. You can actually see how much he learned from Sonya Tayeh. He's clearly absorbing so much, I'd hate to see him go home. Yes, sometimes it's about the journey, and his might be interesting to watch. And I say that having derided him for lacking hip action last night.
Jordan does a trampy gymnastics routine. Sorry, but I'm not convinced she's one of the best girls, truth told.The competition is too stiff for something this standard. It's a drag, because I actually thought she was very good last night.
Maybe it's the crappy 80s music, but I'm not loving Tadd's solo, either. And I usually love Tadd.
Ryan dances to Samuel Barber, so I already love it. But it's a good performance in any case. I'm thinking Jordan has a target on her back.
Ricky is always so good. I can't see him going home. And I think he's made out of rubber, which can always come in handy for a dancer or a member of the X-Men.
Time for the judges to judge and Florence + the Machine to perform. Man, she has pipes.
Right now I'm thinking Jordan and Tadd are getting the ax. The judges judge backstage. Why can't they give them some chairs? It looks so downmarket for the three of them to be huddled together behind a backdrop. At least give them some battled water and robes or something, seriously.
Time for cutting. Nigel reveals that the girl leaving us tonight is... beautiful. Thanks, Nigel. And Kim Kardashian is in the audience. Stop screwing around, Nigel! He wants them all to up their game if they're sticking around. He tells Jordan he needs more from her. But she's sensational. He loves Ryan. And that is all. He cuts Ashley.So, she needs that job after all. Hey, Cedar Lake dancers, pay attention!
The guys are up next. Nigel tells Ricky he's the best contemporary dancer the show has this season. He's not going. He loves Chris. He tells Travis Tadd wants to work with him. And Chris is going home.
Oddly enough, this is what I predicted would happen yesterday, but in the course of the elimination show I completely changed my mind, since Tadd and Jordan's solos were so lackluster. But yes, the writing was on the wall for these two, I suppose.
Who did you think was going home? Are you disappointed in who made the bottom three? And who are you rooting for next week?
News From Our Partners
- Box Office: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Misses $100M Domestic Mark on Opening Weekend Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO)
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- Announcement Trailer is Full of Swords and Ponytails SNL: Ben Affleck Joins the "Fiver Timers Club" and Explains His Oscar Speech SNL: Iran Responds to 'Argo' With a Film of Its Own
- FTW vs. WTF: The TV Week in Review (May 19) Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy
- Watch 2PM Give Each Other Hugs, Spankings + Piggyback Rides at '2PM Is Back With Genie' Concert [Video] Would Adam Lambert Judge 'American Idol?' [Video] Chris Brown Receiving Death Threats
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Kanye West Debuts 'Black Skinhead' Kanye Storms 'SNL' The 'Doctors' Unite
Dr. Leekie proves he's not one to be tangled withSunday, May 19, 2013
It's been a busy week, so get all your reality news here, nowSaturday, May 18, 2013
The magician just might beat the 'pretend game about pretend business'Friday, May 17, 2013
The NatGeo show takes a raw, dark look at life off the gridFriday, May 17, 2013