Reality TV Roundup: 'Amazing Race' goes to the clowns and a 'Survivor' victim turns villain
It's been a busy week, so get all your reality news here, now
Welcome to Reality TV Roundup -- a quick look at some of the reality TV-centric stories that have recently popped up across the fine, old Interwebs. Click away, my couch potato friends. But before you do...
SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT! One more time: SPOILER ALERT. If you watch "The X Factor," "Survivor," "Top Chef," "Project Runway," "Celebrity Apprentice" or any other competition shows, the latest elimination for each show is probably revealed in the text below. The hope is that, if you missed this week's program and would rather clear out your DVR than watch the episode, you can get a quick hit here. But don't come crying to me if you find out something you didn't want to know. You've been warned. Also note: lots of non-competition reality info lurks below, too.
COMPETITION REALITY SHOWS
Colton transforms from victim to villain, and Matt gets sent home.
There are "Survivor" fans, and there are groupies. The groupies are scary.
Brandon Hantz calls the show a "bad memory." The feeling is mutual.
DANCING WITH THE STARS
Meet the new cast! See which ones you can identify!
If you're the betting type, here are our odds on who's most likely to win.
THE AMAZING RACE
Missy and Maiya explain how they missed spotting Phil standing patiently at the mat in this HitFix interview.
Clowns Cherie and Dave are eliminated in this sorta depressing second episode.
Cherie and Dave get up to clowning hijinks in this HitFix interview.
The judges fill their rosters in the final night of blind auditions. Cee-Lo picks up some losers, unfortunately.
Ben has hot sex, or "overnights" with the final three girls -- and despite her enthusiasm, Nicki gets sent home.
Kacie B. doesn't hate Courtney. But the rest of us do. Go figure.
The top 13 men perform -- and more than half of them aren't very good.
The female semi-finalists perform -- and they aren't so great, either.
Here's a first look at the final 13 men AND women!
A Fox exec slams the show - and Nigel Lythgoe is NOT amused.
Sarah and Paul duke it out for the title, and while it's close, Paul emerges as the winner. Proof positive that nice guys CAN finish first. And mean girls suck.
PROJECT RUNWAY ALL STARS
A wacky blacklight challenge puts the final five to the test -- and Jerell's "grandma" skirt gets him a ticket home.
NON-COMPETITION REALITY TV SHOWS
THE REAL HOUSEWIVES OF ORANGE COUNTY
Snookie reportedly behaving herself now that she's pregnant. Right.
Bristol Palin gets her own reality show. Since she was so interesting on "Dancing with the Stars."
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
27 days ago
10 months ago
|Discuss Reality TV on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- 'The World's End' Trailer: Pints, Pals, and Killer Robots! Francis Ford Coppola Directing New Italian-American Saga 'Don Jon' Trailer: Joseph-Gordon Levitt and Scarlett Johansson Go Jersey
- Netflix's 'Hemlock Grove': Is Season 2 in the Cards? 'Arrow' Season 2: What Major Scene Was Cut From the Finale? J.J. Abrams Adresses 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Underwear Scene by Showing Benedict Cumberbatch Showering
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Premiere of Rookie Blue and the Series Premieres of Save Me, Showville, and Does Someone Have to Go? What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds The Critics Choice Awards Nominations Choose Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad
- The Telefile - Modern Family: Goodnight, Gracie. Hello, Series Highlight. The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013
- 'Man Of Steel': Is Zod Superman's Khan? New 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Watch Now! 'The Hangover': Retracing The Success Of A Few Crazy Nights
- Interview: Arrested Development’s Jeffrey Tambor on the show’s return and inevitable movie Gateways To Geekery: An initiation into the psychedelic sci-fi rock of Hawkwind Hear This: You don’t have to know the words to have fun with this Stone Temple Pilots single
- Total Recall: Bradley Cooper's Best Movies Parental Guidance: Epic and Beautiful Creatures Comic Book Movies You Can Watch Online
- Rihanna Bares Butt on Instagram [Pic] Kid Ink to Release 'Almost Home' EP on May 28, Tour With Kendrick Lamar Justin Bieber's 'Baby' Is Highest-Certified Single in History, But His Monkey Is No Longer His
In the season ender, Deacon and Rayna face a nightmareThursday, May 23, 2013
The Poison singer gushes over the open road and family bondingWednesday, May 22, 2013
The Guam resident may be too large to have weight loss surgeryWednesday, May 22, 2013
'The Haunting Of...' comes back for season two, tooWednesday, May 22, 2013