Reality TV Roundup: 'Amazing Race' gets a winner, 'Survivor' goes with God and some 'Real Housewives' prepare to fight
It's been a busy week, so get all your reality news here, now
Welcome to Reality TV Roundup -- a quick look at some of the reality TV-centric stories that have recently popped up across the fine, old Interwebs. Click away, my couch potato friends. But before you do...
SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT! One more time: SPOILER ALERT. If you watch "The X Factor," "Survivor," "Top Chef," "Project Accessory" or "America's Next Top Model," the latest elimination for each show is revealed in the text below. The hope is that, if you missed this week's program and would rather clear out your DVR than watch the episode, you can get a quick hit here. But don't come crying to me if you find out something you didn't want to know. You've been warned. Also note: lots of non-competition reality info lurks below, too.
COMPETITION REALITY SHOWS
Brandon wins the immunity idol, then gives it away… and gets voted out. Coach says it's God's will.
Coach talks about God and other stuff.
Want some spoilers for the finale Sunday? Don't say you haven't been warned.
Remember Richard Hatch? Now that he's out of jail, he wants on to "The Amazing Race." And to do a series about sperm bank babies. No comment.
Oh, and Richard Hatch says he would have won the All-Stars edition instead of Boston Rob. So there.
THE AMAZING RACE
After getting lucky last week, Ernie and Cindy win the whole enchilada.
Marcus and Armani talk with HitFix about the insanely frustrating flight simulator challenge.
Jeremy and Sandy talk with HitFix about the hell of watching themselves get so close to the win. Yeah, that's gotta suck.
THE X FACTOR
The final four perform, Paula cries and Burrito Josh returns to form. Read all about it in this recap.
We knew it was coming. Marcus gets the boot.
Simon Cowell admits he considered hooking up with Paula. You may all turn your heads to vomit now.
AMERICA'S GOT TALENT
Howard Stern will be replacing Piers Morgan as a judge. Let the games begin!
DANCING WITH THE STARS
THE BIGGEST LOSER
Want to see something ugly? Tune in when the show pits couples against one another. Yes, that's something that should inspire weight loss -- divorce!
NON-COMPETITION REALITY TV SHOWS
THE REAL HOUSEWIVES OF BEVERLY HILLS
It's dueling girls' weekends in Las Vegas! There are Chippendales dancers! And there's bowling! It's madness!
Taylor Armstrong watches violent video while she hopes we watch her. Ick, Taylor. Is there anything you won't do for publicity?
THE REAL HOUSEWIVES OF ATLANTA
Kim has her baby, but big whoop - Sheree ends up in court and blames Phaedra when things don't go her way.
Can you pick out the fake reality TV show? Good luck (and don't scroll to the comments until you guess).
"Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" gets the ax. Now who will build ridiculous luxury McMansions for poor people?
Janice Dickinson has a new show: "Sober Model House." No, we didn't make that up, either.
"Fear Factor" is the same as ever -- and yet, the ratings are great by NBC's standards.
Lowe's defends its decision to pull advertising from "All-American Muslim."
Giuliana Rancic is recovering from a double mastectomy. Send good thoughts her way.
In more depressing news, the Duggars held a memorial for their miscarried fetus.
Kim Kardashian is voted the most ill-mannered person of the year. Duh.
News From Our Partners
- The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed
- State of Decay, TMNT Release Dates Leaked by Gamestop Watch 'The Hangover 3′ Stars Zach Galifianakis and Ken Jeong Perform Stand-Up Together in 1998 'Pacific Rim' Trailer: When Man and Machine Become One
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day One: Sofia Coppola offers the first misfire of the festival Hear This: A song with a long title succinctly encapsulates ’90s power-pop Watch This: Laura Palmer lives—however briefly—in Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
- Weekend Movies: 'Star Trek Into Darkness,' 'Black Rock,' and More Bruce Willis Set for 'Expiration': Actor Will Play Hitman in Next Movie Emma Watson Says She is in No Rush 'To Be Seen as a Woman'
- One Direction Announce Where We Are Stadium Tour for 2014 Miley Cyrus Wants Everyone to Know She's Still Engaged by Posting This New Pic Most Anticipated Album Release for June 2013 – Readers Poll
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Reviews Are In! Emma Watson In 'The Bling Ring': The Early Reviews Are In! 'Star Trek' And Klingon: Learn The Language Of The Aliens!
- Hulu.com: Is The Office the Definitive TV Show of the '00s? Craziest 'Simpsons' Couch Gag Yet? Denied By PBS?
- What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More The CW's 2013-2014 Schedule: Supernatural Switches Nights Again, The Vampire Diaries Pairs With Reign Watch the Trailers for The CW's New Series, Including The 100, Star-Crossed, and Reign (VIDEO)
Mary Stuart, Queen of Scots, gets the teen treatmentThursday, May 16, 2013
Girl meets alien, love blossoms in this new dramaThursday, May 16, 2013
Vampires let the good times roll in NoLaThursday, May 16, 2013
The next evolutionary leap of mankind is paranormalThursday, May 16, 2013