MTV's Video Music Awards nab network's biggest audience ever
Lady Gaga in drag and a pregnant Beyonce bring in big numbers
You have to wonder if numbers like this will spur MTV to actually, oh, air some music videos. Sunday night's 2011 Video Music Awards scored the network's biggest audience ever with 12.4 million total viewers. Among MTV's target audience of 12- to 34-year-olds, the VMAs delivered a 10.8 ratings and 8.5 million viewers in the demographic sweet spot. This is up 8 percent over last year's show in overall ratings.
This makes the VMAs the #1 telecast of 2011 with viewers in the 12-34 age demo, and also makes the program the #1 non-sports cable telecast of the year in total viewers.
A special encore presentation of the telecast airs tonight, Monday, Aug.t 29, at 7:30 p.m. ET/PT, followed by the premieres of the new series “Ridiculousness," “Death Valley” and “Cuff’d." We suspect, as none of those three star Beyonce, Lady Gaga or her, ahem "ex" Joe Calderone, the numbers might not be as high.
News From Our Partners
- The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H
- Xbox One Will Require Daily Internet Connection 'Hannibal' "Trou Normand" Preview: Is Will Losing His Mind? Quantum Break Trailer: Remedy Returns With Xbox One Exclusive
- Hear This: An early Walkmen song gets anti-nostalgic Watch This: Thunder Road is one of the first, and finest, automotive action movies off the Hollywood lot Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Six: Michael Douglas plays Liberace in Steven Soderbergh’s swan song, Behind The Candelabra
- T-ara Member Hyomin Shows Off Her Sexy Side in Korean InStyle [Pics] Listen to David Guetta's Remix of Empire of the Sun's 'Alive Demi Lovato to Have Her Tonsils Removed
- Seth MacFarlane's Next Film: 'Every Line Is Hilarious,' Amanda Seyfried Swears 'The Wolverine' Trailer: Five Questions It Answered 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million
- Is 'Jurassic Park 4' a Reboot? Yes, According to Sam Neill 'Return of the Jedi': 25 Things You Didn't Know About the Original 'Star Wars' Trilogy Finale Melissa McCarthy Fires a 'Tammy' Extra for Mistreating Her Child
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS 7 Lessons We Learned from the 2012-2013 TV Season The Big C Series Finale Review: And They Lived Happily Ever After
- GIFS: 10 TV Housekeepers That Ran The Show Megan Smolenyak: Celebrity Roots Series "Who Do You Think You Are?" Returns This Is Going To Be AMAZING
The first season of the top rated series will now run 22 episodesTuesday, May 21, 2013
All seven episodes will be available at launchTuesday, May 21, 2013
The series will air 16 episodes this summerTuesday, May 21, 2013
Zendaya knocks it out of the park, but another dancer makes judges cryMonday, May 20, 2013