Interview: 'So You Think You Can Dance' judge Mary Murphy talks about her dance with death
Murphy reveals her "greatest regret" of the season
On "So You Think You Can Dance," ballroom expert Mary Murphy is known for her ear-splitting shrieks, soaring whooos and generally being the most excited person on the judges' panel. But after a bout with thyroid cancer, Murphy was decidedly low key when she returned to the show, giving all of us a chance to feel a little sad about the lack of Hot Tamale train action during a season when it seemed the most worthy. During a conversation at the Fox TCA after-party, I asked Murphy how she was doing, how she felt about changes to the structure of the top 20 and what she'd love to do for the finale -- but, unfortunately, won't be able to.
- Check out everything there is including photos, reviews, videos.
We know you were ill last season. Are you in the clear now?
I still have some things to work out but yeah, I get one of my final tests this coming Monday…and I can’t wait.
Then you're in the clear with the thyroid cancer?
Yeah, I had thyroid cancer but I also had heart issues that they want to look at and so I get my angiogram this Monday, so until the final test now and after that I’ll have at least a clean bill of health or I won’t get any surprises and have a massive heart attack, they’ll be able to do something about it, so.
News From Our Partners
- Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- Announcement Trailer is Full of Swords and Ponytails SNL: Ben Affleck Joins the "Fiver Timers Club" and Explains His Oscar Speech SNL: Iran Responds to 'Argo' With a Film of Its Own
- Watch 2PM Give Each Other Hugs, Spankings + Piggyback Rides at '2PM Is Back With Genie' Concert [Video] Would Adam Lambert Judge 'American Idol?' [Video] Chris Brown Receiving Death Threats
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- Box Office: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Misses $100M Domestic Mark on Opening Weekend Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO)
- Kanye West Debuts 'Black Skinhead' Kanye Storms 'SNL' The 'Doctors' Unite
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
Dr. Leekie proves he's not one to be tangled withSunday, May 19, 2013
It's been a busy week, so get all your reality news here, nowSaturday, May 18, 2013
The magician just might beat the 'pretend game about pretend business'Friday, May 17, 2013
The NatGeo show takes a raw, dark look at life off the gridFriday, May 17, 2013