Interview: â€˜Franklin & Bashâ€™ star Garcelle Beauvais talks â€˜The Talk,â€™ Kelly Ripa
The former model is bypassing "train wreck" TV
As Hanna Linden on TNT's "Franklin &Â Bash" (the first season finale airs this Wed. at 9 p.m.),Â former model Garcelle Beauvais is all the things a defendant could want in a lawyer.Â She's tough, smart and nearly unbeatable in court. Off screen, Beauvais life is a little more complicated. Mom to twin sons Jax and Jaid, the Haitian-born former "NYPDÂ Blue" star last year became a heroine to many when she called out her allegedly cheating husband via an e-mail (which later reached the media). These days, the newly single Beauvais is focused on her new job, parenting and pursuing yet another goal -- producing.Â
The series just got picked up for a second season.Â Will we finally find out what's going on withÂ Hanna?
Iâ€™m looking forward to the writers developing my character more so that we seeÂ some of her background and more of where she comes from. For me, my background work for her was that she was a daddyâ€™s girl and always wanted to please him, and therefore she became one of the guys. Thatâ€™s whatâ€™s so cool about her character; she doesnâ€™t apologize for being smart, for being sexy, for being strong. She says, "This is who I am, take it or leave it."Â
Do you suffer from the age-old plague of mommy guilt?
Now that you're single again, any chance you're dating?Â When you're not at Target?
It's been a year since the earthquakes in Haiti, but it seems to have dropped off the media's radar. Is that frustrating to you?
I understand, though. Japan happened, and it's understandable that people move on with so much happening in the world. I hope people don't forget, but it's natural. I'm going back toÂ Haiti to get an assessment of what's needed, so I can then come back and get involved again with helping and doing what needs to be done. IÂ haven't been back since the earthquake, so I just want to see it. Haiti is actually really beautiful, and the beaches are better than any high profile place you could go for vacation. But the country never got a chance to become a tourist destination because of the political situation. Hopefully, things will change.
News From Our Partners
- 'Fast & Furious 6': The Reviews Are In! 'Return Of The Jedi' Turns 30: Secrets Of Ewok Language Revealed! 'Fast & Furious 6' Expected To Lap 'Hangover III' At Box Office
- Weekly Ketchup: Fox and Marvel Both Courting Quicksilver for Comic Blockbusters Critics Consensus: Fast & Furious 6 is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Photos with Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Gina Carano and More
- Would You Rather… Hang Backstage with One Direction or the Jonas Brothers? Watch Kesha Perform 'Machine Gun Love' Live See Pictures of Your Favorite Celebrity Couples Now + Then
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Does Someone Have to Go?: Work Sucks.... If You Are On This Show The Telefile - Save Me: Lightning Strikes NBC
- The CW's 'Cult' Returns from Cancellation June 28 'White House Down' Featurette: Roland Emmerich Revists White House-Based Mayhem Jimmy Fallon Goes 'Game of Thrones' For 'Late Night's "Game of Desks"
- What to Watch This Weekend: Orphan Black, Behind the Candelabra, and Arrested Development's Netflix Debut Do These Four New Arrested Development Clips Get You Excited for the Show's Return? (VIDEO) Arrested Development Q&A: Alia Shawkat on Maeby, the Return of the Show, and the Canonization of Mitch Hurwitz
- Baz Luhrmann Passed on Directing 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone' Someone Just Paid $1.5 Million to Sit Next to Leonardo DiCaprio in Space Tim Curry Is Fine After Suffering a Massive Stroke: Report
- Hear This: “Second Best” reflects a pivotal moment all serious bands face Watch This: The wages and the fear remain high in William Friedkin’s Sorcerer Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Nine: James Gray and Joaquin Phoenix reteam for a compelling period drama
We welcome our first guest and talk Ray Manzarek and moreFriday, May 24, 2013
Fox gives you a new workplace nightmare to worry aboutFriday, May 24, 2013
It's not quite 'Waiting for Guffman' but not exactly 'Idol,' eitherThursday, May 23, 2013
The final five episodes begin airing June 13Thursday, May 23, 2013