HitFix Interview: Mike Judge talks about why 'Beavis and Butt-Head' are just the same
The creator of the cartoon reveals why now was the time to bring the boys back
A lot has changed since "Beavis and Butt-head" ran on MTV from 1993 to 1997 and became MTV's highest rated show. Creator Mike Judge went on to create the Fox series "King of the Hill," as well as the movies "Office Space" and "Idiocracy." But now Judge has returned to MTV and the series, which attracted the ire of critics (and even the negative attention of Congress). I talked to Judge during the TCAs and the laid-back Texan looked fit and relaxed (he credited surfing) and seemed happy to be back at work on the show that once left him burnt out fourteen years ago.
A lot of people slammed "Beavis and Butt-Head back in the day.
On one hand, I feel like it was kind of unfairly attacked. Well, it definitely was very unfairly attacked by a few people, like should have been sued for slander type attack. But then I think it was written off as something that it wasn’t, but the problem was that we had some episodes that weren’t so good; we were cranking them out really fast. And like the first comic books were horrible; they kind of were guilty of what people accused it of, that I was saying it was not. I’m always like understanding of people who didn’t like it or get it right away, but you know, that’s different from this flat out slander, which did happen.
News From Our Partners
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- Pop Bytes: Michael Jackson's Nephew Negates Wade Robson's Molestation Claims + More Watch Macklemore, Kendrick Lamar, Ellie Goulding + More on Hangout Festival Livestream Dumb Celebrity Quotes – Who Said This?
- Amazon Picks Up John Goodman's 'Alpha House,' Computer Comedy 'Betas' 'Rapturepalooza' Trailer: Anna Kendrick Gets Seduced by Satan 'Doctor Who' Season 8: Matt Smith Confirmed to Stay Another Year?
- Behind The Shocking 'Grey's Anatomy' Finale WATCH: Tobias Fünke's New Sizzle Reel Is Epic JLo Steals Spotlight On 'American Idol'
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
The magician just might beat the 'pretend game about pretend business'Friday, May 17, 2013
The NatGeo show takes a raw, dark look at life off the gridFriday, May 17, 2013
Did you expect the cliffhanger?Thursday, May 16, 2013
What did you think of Damon's big moment?Thursday, May 16, 2013