'Gene Simmons Family Jewels' returns Oct. 4 - but for how long?
New episodes will pick up from last season's cliffhanger
A&E has announced that new episodes of "Gene Simmons Family Jewels" will be returning to the air on Tues. Oct. 4 at 9 p.m., giving viewers a chance to finally see Shannon Tweed's answer to her longtime boyfriend Gene Simmons' marriage proposal.
Although plenty of eagle-eyed HitFix viewers pointed out that Tweed was wearing an engagement ring in some episodes that have already aired, can we assume (even with the assumed yes answer from Tweed) it's smooth sailing from here on? I wouldn't be so sure.
An A&E publicist informed me that these new episodes are "a continuation of the season" and not a new season altogether. Given the problems producers claimed to have had while filming due to the problems in the Tweed-Simmons relationship, it may have taken some effort to cobble together a coherent storyline, even with the hijinks-intense proposal episode. It's still anyone's guess if we can expect a new season from "GSFJ."
I'm hoping that the interviews Tweed and Simmons gave for the season's first premiere were just a very convincing show for the cameras (and if so, somebody get Tweed some acting work - she can do comedy and drama!). But I still have to wonder if Tweed, after getting the ring and commitment she'd long waited for, realized the problems in her relationship remained.
Do you think it's just reality TV shtick? Or do you think there are real problems in this relationship?
News From Our Partners
- Demi Moore & Ashton Kutcher in $10M Tug of War 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier': Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Anthony Mackie Spotted in D.C. (VIDEO) Katie Holmes Attracts the Wrong Kind of Attention on 'Mania Days' Set
- Best Alicia Keys Instagram Photos – Picture Perfect Taylor Swift Fan Arrested for Swimming Near Her Rhode Island Beach House Taylor Swift vs. Pink vs. Rihanna vs. Beyonce: Whose Tour Costume Do You Like Best? – Readers Poll
- The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - New Girl: Wedding Do's and Don'ts
- In Pictures: The Stars of Star Trek Into Darkness Digital Multiplex: The Last Stand, Side Effects, and More RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: Ambitious, Time-Jumping Epic Cloud Atlas
- Hulu.com: 7 Things That Wouldn't Exist Without The Office Larry Womack: In Defense of (the Original) James T. Kirk 'Storage Wars': Ivy Finds Giant Clam Shell
- 'Riddick' Trailer: Vin Diesel Is What Goes Bump in the Night 'The Simpsons' Taps Kristen Wiig For Guest Arc As FBI Agent CBS Fall 2013 Schedule: 'Mike & Molly' to 2014, More Comedy Thursday, and 'Hawaii' to Friday
- Tolerability Index: This week we're barely putting up with The Killing TV Roundtable: When My Boys tested its prickly chemistry by inviting some new faces to the poker table The Walkthrough: The New Girl showrunners on topping season two’s big kiss (Part 5 of 5)
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Arrow, CSI, and Supernatural Grimm "The Waking Dead" Review: Dead On Arrival CBS's 2013-2014 Season: New Nights for Person of Interest and Hawaii Five-0, More Comedy on Thursdays
The new fall comedy tackles intergenerational divorceWednesday, May 15, 2013
Four guys, one short-term apartment complex, and bondingWednesday, May 15, 2013
Holloway plays a super-powered high tech intelligence operativeWednesday, May 15, 2013
Allison Janney plays Faris' recovering alcoholic momWednesday, May 15, 2013