A 'Bachelorette' favorite will be the new 'Bachelor' this January
Rejected by Ashley, the winemaker returns to TV to woo again
It turns out there can be an upside to being rejected by the woman you love in front of millions of television viewers. Ben Flajnik, the runner-up for Ashley Hebert's heart in the most recent cycle of "The Bachelorette," has been chosen to be the latest star of "The Bachelor." Ben will make his first public appearance in his new role on the season finale of "Bachelor Pad" on Mon. Sept. 12.
The next season of "The Bachelor" begins airing in Jan. 2012, so until then we'll just have to trust that the 28-year-old Sonoma, Calif. wine maker is piecing together the heart Ashley stomped all over in Fiji when he's not pursuing his hobbies of (if the ABC press release is to be believed) "crab fishing, sailing, golf, skate boarding, surfing, playing piano and singing in a tribute band." He also loves to fix things, has a passion for landscaping, and loves spending time with his Jack Russell terrier, Scotch.
Though Ben seemed like a well-mannered, cultured guy with plenty going for him, I'm a little disappointed he's going to try finding love again on TV. Not that he won't be watchable, but "The Bachelor/Bachelorette" series don't exactly have the best track records for lasting relationships (with a few notable exceptions) and Ben never seemed like someone who was hungry for fame in any case (Jake Pavelka, well, that's another story). Best wishes, Ben!
Are you glad Ben's the new Bachelor? Do you think he'll find true love on TV? Would you go on a reality show to find your spouse?
News From Our Partners
- What Netflix Really Wants Out Of 'Arrested Development' What To Watch This Memorial Day Weekend Is The New 'Bachelorette' Engaged?
- Baz Luhrmann Passed on Directing 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone' Someone Just Paid $1.5 Million to Sit Next to Leonardo DiCaprio in Space Tim Curry Is Fine After Suffering a Massive Stroke: Report
- Hear This: “Second Best” reflects a pivotal moment all serious bands face Watch This: The wages and the fear remain high in William Friedkin’s Sorcerer Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Nine: James Gray and Joaquin Phoenix reteam for a compelling period drama
- What to Watch This Weekend: Orphan Black, Behind the Candelabra, and Arrested Development's Netflix Debut Do These Four New Arrested Development Clips Get You Excited for the Show's Return? (VIDEO) Arrested Development Q&A: Alia Shawkat on Maeby, the Return of the Show, and the Canonization of Mitch Hurwitz
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Does Someone Have to Go?: Work Sucks.... If You Are On This Show The Telefile - Save Me: Lightning Strikes NBC
- Will Smith Raps 'Fresh Prince' Theme with Jaden, Dances "Carlton" and "Apache" with Alfonso Ribiero 'Sons of Anarchy' Season 6: Kurt Sutter to Launch 'Talking Dead'-Style Companion Piece? The CW's 'Cult' Returns from Cancellation June 28
- Would You Rather… Hang Backstage with One Direction or the Jonas Brothers? Watch Kesha Perform 'Machine Gun Love' Live See Pictures of Your Favorite Celebrity Couples Now + Then
- 'Fast & Furious 6': The Reviews Are In! 'Return Of The Jedi' Turns 30: Secrets Of Ewok Language Revealed! 'Fast & Furious 6' Expected To Lap 'Hangover III' At Box Office
We welcome our first guest and talk Ray Manzarek and moreFriday, May 24, 2013
Fox gives you a new workplace nightmare to worry aboutFriday, May 24, 2013
It's not quite 'Waiting for Guffman' but not exactly 'Idol,' eitherThursday, May 23, 2013
The final five episodes begin airing June 13Thursday, May 23, 2013