Zack Snyder, Dave Gibbons, Billy Crudup and more discuss 'Watchmen'
Our exclusive video interviews with Jackie Earle Haley, Carla Gugino, and more
Hey, I don't know if you've heard, but rumor is they're making a movie out of "Watchmen."
And, yes, maybe we've been a wee bit on the exuberant side here at HitFix the last few weeks, but it's one of those moments where I honestly can't believe something exists, and that it's as good as it is. So you'll have to pardon the enthusiasm, and hopefully you'll enjoy the video interviews I recorded last week at the Beverly Hilton hotel as much as I enjoyed doing them.
They had the entire top floor of the Beverly Hilton transformed for the "Watchmen" press day. I spent time watching long excerpts from "Tales Of The Black Freighter" and playing the video game while I waited between interviews, and they had most of the costumes from the film set up under glass. What a weird atmosphere, all things considered, and it just made it stranger to walk into the various rooms and sit down opposite the flesh-and-blood representations of these iconic characters.
[more after the jump]
Let's start things off with two of the most extreme characters in the film, Rorschach and The Comedian.
I'm scheduled to talk to Zack Snyder again on Tuesday, and in more depth, but we at least kicked off our conversations about putting together this ambitious movie with this exchange.
Patrick Wilson couldn't be more different from Dan Drieberg in person if he tried, and we talked about playing the character.
Without Dave Gibbons, there would be no "Watchmen," and if you'd told me 20 years ago that I'd be sitting opposite him discussing a film version of the book, I would have laughed in your face. Well, 18-year-old-me, prepare to have your mind blown.
Special thinks to Warner Bros. for putting this together.
News From Our Partners
- Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18 Justin Bieber + Selena Gomez Will Sit Together at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
This is one you'll want to watch as soon as you've seen the movieFriday, May 17, 2013
Plus we look back at a more spirited encounter with the comic actorThursday, May 16, 2013
The Channing Tatum/Mila Kunis science-fiction action movie is shooting nowThursday, May 16, 2013
Hollywood's busiest alien spends a little more time with StarfleetThursday, May 16, 2013