Will Tom Hanks and Tim Allen reteam for Disney's 'Jungle Cruise'?
Teaming up the 'Toy Story' boys in live-action could be a bonanza for the studio
Well, this immediately turns this into a big deal for Disney, and may finally get the film out of development and onto screens.
Since the release of "Pirates Of The Caribbean," you'd better believe that Disney has been developing more films based on their theme park attractions, and that they've been trying to figure out the next one. With the news that Tom Hanks and Tim Allen may team up for a live-action "Jungle Cruise," Disney can finally pull the trigger on this one.
There are still stumbling blocks ahead for the picture, not the least of which is finding a director, but I have a feeling that a cast like that means you'll have a director signed on immediately. The script is currently in progress with Roger S.H. Schulman writing with David Hoberman and Todd LIeberman producing.
What a dream for Disney, eh? They get all the promotional power of teaming Buzz and Woody again, but with the hook that it's in live-action, and they get to exploit another of their own pre-existing properties again in the process. The question, of course, is whether or not they can capture the sort of magic with this that they lucked into on the first "Pirates," and the key is creating an iconic character to drop into the familiar setting of the ride. Or, in this case, two characters.
And if you haven't seen it yet, Entertainment Weekly has an exclusive clip from the new short film "Toy Story: Hawaiian Vacation" which will be in theaters this summer in front of "Cars 2." Check it out here.
For now, Deadline has the barest of details on the film.
And as more info on "Jungle Cruise" becomes available, like story or setting or director, we'll definitely cover it here at HitFix.
News From Our Partners
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18 Justin Bieber + Selena Gomez Will Sit Together at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
The director's next film promises to be packed with talentSunday, May 19, 2013
This is one you'll want to watch as soon as you've seen the movieFriday, May 17, 2013
Plus we look back at a more spirited encounter with the comic actorThursday, May 16, 2013
The Channing Tatum/Mila Kunis science-fiction action movie is shooting nowThursday, May 16, 2013