Drew McWeeny introduces a new Motion/Captured contributor
A new arrival just as a vacation kicks off means explanations are in order
I'm going to take a vacation.
It's strange to even type that, because vacations are illusory in my world. I find it hard to switch off the machinery of my daily life in a way that would genuinely mark something as a real vacation. The last times I think I pulled that off were in Hawaii with my wife before Toshi was born and then right after he was born. Those two times, I think, were my most successful vacations, and I look forward to taking a full week with my kids and my wife to enjoy some downtime before they leave on an extended trip to Argentina and I kick off trips to Toronto, Fantastic Fest, and the fall movie season.
Since we launched HitFix and my own Motion/Captured blog back in December of '08, I've watched the readership grow, and the site itself has slowly but surely added new faces and voices to the mix. It's been an exciting process so far, building out Team HitFix, and when we take a trip en masse to an event like Sundance or Comic-Con, it's a nice reminder of how strong a team that can be.
We've just added one more new name to that roster, and I want to introduce him to you before I leave on vacation, because you're going to start seeing his name here on the blog, as well as other places on the site. He's not completely new to the site... he's been doing most of our video editing for a while now, and he's definitely someone we all feel comfortable welcoming to the team.
Now it's just a matter of you guys getting to know him, and the only way that's going to happen is time. I have no idea how closely Alex and I are going to agree on things, and it doesn't ultimately matter. He and I could digest films totally different, with radically different takes on almost everything, and as long as he has a strong voice and can explain his positions, he's a welcome addition to the blog. I am not so insecure about my own opinion that I wanted a mirror to join the blog. In fact, the opposite is true. I want someone who can bring a new voice to the blog, to add more perspective. The more of that there is, the better the blog will be. That's the point of having comments for the readers, and it's the benefit of adding Alex.
So do me a favor... from Monday the 2nd through Sunday the 8th, I want you to treat Alex as you would treat me. He'll be posting a lot of interviews I've gotten prepared and a few reviews, so it's not like I'll be completely absent from the site. I just won't be reacting to breaking news until I'm back a week from Monday.
In the meantime, you'll be able to enjoy print interviews with Will Ferrell, Todd Solondz, Jay Roach, Eva Mendes, and Adam McKay, as well as two very special long-form interviews with Edgar Wright and Rob Reiner. I'm really proud of the Reiner one. It's a full hour, and there were no holds barred, so we ended up talking about his whole career. You'll see reviews of "The Extra Man" and "The Other Guys" and "The Expendables", and you'll see a ton of video content with the casts of "Flipped" and "Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World." Throw in the last of my Comic-Con coverage, and it looks like it'll be a really good week for you guys here at the blog, and a great week for me to enjoy some downtime with my family.
Can't get enough of Motion/Captured? Don't miss a post with daily HitFix Blog Alerts. Sign up now.
Don't miss out. Add Motion/Captured to your iGoogle, My Yahoo or My MSN experience by clicking here.
Not part of the HitFix Nation yet? Take 90 seconds and sign up today.
Become a fan of HitFix on Facebook.
News From Our Partners
- Total Recall: Star Trek Movies Parental Guidance: Star Trek Into Darkness In Pictures: The Stars of Star Trek Into Darkness
- Hear This: Connections gives a Guided By Voices-indebted reason to go for the opener Watch This: The second half of Twilight Zone: The Movie more than makes up for the first Tolerability Index: This week we're barely putting up with The Killing
- 'Riddick' Trailer: Vin Diesel Is Back and Playing for Blood 'Rio 2' Teaser Trailer Has Landed: Let's Dance! Cannes 2013: Celebs Invade Opening Ceremony (PHOTOS)
- Reese Witherspoon Joins Paul Thomas Anderson's 'Inherent Vice' CBS Fall 2013 Trailers: Sarah Michelle Gellar's 'Crazy Ones,' Anna Faris' Mom' and More! Sony Trademarks Possible PlayStation 4 Slogan "Greatness Awaits"
- Shakira Leaving 'The Voice' Next Season Source Claims Kanye West + Kim Kardashian Will Most Likely Break Up Before the Baby Is Born Demi Lovato Gets New 'Warrior'-Inspired Tattoo [Pic]
- Grimm "The Waking Dead" Review: Dead On Arrival What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Arrow, CSI, and Supernatural CBS's 2013-2014 Schedule: New Nights for Person of Interest and Hawaii Five-0, More Comedy on Thursdays
- 'Angry Birds' Film Dive-Bombing Into Theaters In 2016 'Fast & Furious 6' Blasts Forward With Exclusive Clip: Watch Now! 'Riddick' Trailer: Watch Vin Diesel Fight For Survival
- Why They Went 'Crazy' 30 EPIC Wedding Disasters 'No One Lives Forever'
Hollywood's busiest alien spends a little more time with StarfleetThursday, May 16, 2013
David Twohy's latest looks lean and meanWednesday, May 15, 2013
Can this series really survive the loss of Justin Lin?Wednesday, May 15, 2013
Plus how devoted do you have to be to be called a 'Trekkkie'?Tuesday, May 14, 2013