Watch: Universal's New 'Skyline' Teaser Sucks You In
It's a good Idea to listen to Stephen Hawking
Anyone who attended the San Diego Comic - Con this year could not have missed the gigantic billboard for the film "Skyline" that graced the face of the hotel overlooking the convention center. In it, what may have been a space ship hovered over a sky-blue skyline and if you got close enough to the building you could see thousands of little people-shaped silhouettes being sucked up into it.
Accompanying the billboard was a truly ingenious "How did they come up with that?" gag where hundreds of little human shapes were carved out of soap bubbles and allowed to rise up over the hotels' air conditioning exhausts in front of the sign and up into the sky.
I noticed these cool little "bubble men" as I raced from press line to press line as one does when one "works the Con" and didn't manage to catch any of the presentations for the film as Drew did.
The one thing I gathered from the sign and the bubble-guys was this: In "Skyline" people get sucked up into a spaceship against a pretty blue sky.
Today Universal released a teaser trailer that doesn't really give us that much more information besides the fact that Stephen Hawking actually warned us not to try to contact the aliens from space, and maybe we should have listened to him. He did? Did I miss that? (Yes he did and I did!)
Keeping with the dreamy feel of the billboards, the teaser drifts from the newscasts with Hawkins' warning into glimpses of the invading alien force as they bombard us with beautiful cobalt blue anti-gravity weapons.
The special effects look amazing, and the addition of screaming to the image of the multitudes getting sucked up into that ship adds an additional, disconcerting twist to my impressions of the film.
"Skyline" is directed by the Brothers Strause ("Alien vs. Predator: Requiem") and opens November 12th, 2010
Can't get enough of Motion/Captured? Don't miss a post with daily HitFix Blog Alerts. Sign up now.
Don't miss out. Add Motion/Captured to your iGoogle, My Yahoo or My MSN experience by clicking here.
Not part of the HitFix Nation yet? Take 90 seconds and sign up today.
News From Our Partners
- Babble.com: 8 Parenting Lessons To Learn From 'Arrested Development' WATCH: New 'Arrested' Clip You Probably Haven't Seen What Is Up With Rob Lowe's Face? The Actor On His Crazy 'Candelabra' Role
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Ten: The big wrap-up, including Jim Jarmusch's fantastic vampire film Hear This: “Second Best” reflects a pivotal moment all serious bands face Watch This: The wages and the fear remain high in William Friedkin’s Sorcerer
- Baz Luhrmann Passed on Directing 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone' Someone Just Paid $1.5 Million to Sit Next to Leonardo DiCaprio in Space Tim Curry Is Fine After Suffering a Massive Stroke: Report
- Weekly Ketchup: Fox and Marvel Both Courting Quicksilver for Comic Blockbusters Critics Consensus: Fast & Furious 6 is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Photos with Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Gina Carano and More
- What to Watch This Weekend: Orphan Black, Behind the Candelabra, and Arrested Development's Netflix Debut Do These Four New Arrested Development Clips Get You Excited for the Show's Return? (VIDEO) Arrested Development Q&A: Alia Shawkat on Maeby, the Return of the Show, and the Canonization of Mitch Hurwitz
- Demi Lovato Is Thrilled That Her Voice Is Finally Being Heard on Radio [Video] One Direction's Niall Horan Spends the Night With UK TV Star Louise Thompson Kelly Clarkson Denies 'American Idol' Judging Gig
- Mega Man X Trailer: The Blue Bomber Busts His Way to Wii U Next Week The Wrap Up: Charlie Sheen Gets a New Name For 'Machete Kills' New 'Man of Steel' TV Spot: "Why Did You Send Me Here?"
- 'Star Wars: Episode VI': What's Its Legacy... And Its Future? 'Arrested Development' Season Four: Eight Things To Remember 'Fast & Furious 6': The Reviews Are In!
And if so, what does his character name suggest for the future?Saturday, May 25, 2013
How long until they discuss another film in this series?Friday, May 24, 2013
They can both use the same character, but will it be worth it?Thursday, May 23, 2013
Michael Cera and Alia Shawkat talk about returning to the roles of loving cousins for 'Arrested Development'Our conversation was an afternoon delightThursday, May 23, 2013