Watch: Ryan Kwanten basks in the mythology of 'True Bood' and 'Ga'Hoole'
Dedicated fans 'are a blessing and a curse'
The new animated film from director Zack Snyder, "Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole" was produced by Australian company Village Roadshow, and the gorgeous lush landscapes in the film are modeled on Tasmania, so it's unsurprising that many members of the cast hail from down under as well. Aussies include Anthony LaPaglia, Geoffrey Rush, and Ryan Kwanten. Most people know the blond Kwanten from the HBO series "True Blood," in which he plays Jason Stackhouse, a well meaning if not altogether bright Loisiana boy.
In "Legend of the Guardians," he plays Kludd, the brother of the story's hero, Soren, played by British actor Jim Sturgess. In his talk with HitFix he discusses the arc and the journey of the emotionally conflicted Kludd, and the deep mythology of both this project and of "True Blood." When Drew asked whether or not he feels a responsibility towards fans of the books on which "Guardians" and "True Blood" are based, he replies "it's a blessing and a curse."
Watch Drew's interview embedded above. "Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole" opens Friday, September 24th in theaters everywhere.
Can't get enough of Motion/Captured? Don't miss a post with daily HitFix Blog Alerts. Sign up now.
Don't miss out. Add Motion/Captured to your iGoogle, My Yahoo or My MSN experience by clicking here.
Not part of the HitFix Nation yet? Take 90 seconds and sign up today.
News From Our Partners
- Watch 2PM Give Each Other Hugs, Spankings + Piggyback Rides at '2PM Is Back With Genie' Concert [Video] Would Adam Lambert Judge 'American Idol?' [Video] Chris Brown Receiving Death Threats
- Kanye West Debuts 'Black Skinhead' Kanye Storms 'SNL' The 'Doctors' Unite
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- Announcement Trailer is Full of Swords and Ponytails SNL: Ben Affleck Joins the "Fiver Timers Club" and Explains His Oscar Speech SNL: Iran Responds to 'Argo' With a Film of Its Own
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Box Office: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Misses $100M Domestic Mark on Opening Weekend Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO)
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- FTW vs. WTF: The TV Week in Review (May 19) Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy
The director's next film promises to be packed with talentSunday, May 19, 2013
This is one you'll want to watch as soon as you've seen the movieFriday, May 17, 2013
Plus we look back at a more spirited encounter with the comic actorThursday, May 16, 2013
The Channing Tatum/Mila Kunis science-fiction action movie is shooting nowThursday, May 16, 2013