Watch: Richard Jenkins goes hunting for humans in vampire remake 'Let Me In'
Remaking excellent foreign films so people don't have to read: Discuss.
I'm curious, has anyone who reads Motion/Captured not seen "Let The Right One In?" Is talking about things that happened in a movie that came out two years ago considered worthy of a "spoiler alert" if the movie is being re-made for an American audience?
I ask this because although I have not seen "Let Me In" like some of the HItFix staff has, I know exactly what's going on in this clip that was released for public consumption today. (It was played at its panel at Comic Con.) I would guess that most American horror fans who don't have a problem with the whole "reading thing," will have seen "Let the Right One In" and will also recall a similar situation with this character out hunting. I guess I won't go into it for those who will see this story for the first time in English, no reading required.
I do admit, this clip definitely piques my interest in the new version. Something about this scene feels very different from the Swedish film. A slightly more raw and jarring sensibility that is not present in the original. I guess it feels, unsurprisingly, more "American" to me.
Matt Reeves did a great job manipulating tension in "Cloverfield" (as well as making me carsick) and appears to be fine tuning that craft here. The garbage bag mask pushes all our horror buttons (notes of "Friday the 13th Part 2" and "The Strangers") and I gotta say, the music is perfect.
Watch the new clip embedded above.
"Let Me In" will open Fantastic Fest and should be in theaters October 1st 2010
Can't get enough of Motion/Captured? Don't miss a post with daily HitFix Blog Alerts. Sign up now.
Don't miss out. Add Motion/Captured to your iGoogle, My Yahoo or My MSN experience by clicking here.
Not part of the HitFix Nation yet? Take 90 seconds and sign up today.
News From Our Partners
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- Kelly Rowland Close to Signing 'X Factor' Deal Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do.
The director's next film promises to be packed with talentSunday, May 19, 2013
This is one you'll want to watch as soon as you've seen the movieFriday, May 17, 2013
Plus we look back at a more spirited encounter with the comic actorThursday, May 16, 2013
The Channing Tatum/Mila Kunis science-fiction action movie is shooting nowThursday, May 16, 2013