Watch: Olivia Wilde is on the prowl in 'The Change-Up'
Plus a quick check-in on where they are with the 'TRON' sequel
In the past year, I think I've ended up interviewing Olivia Wilde three times now.
There are worse things to be paid for, all things considered.
The thing about spending an afternoon at a press event is that you end up seeing these people in their down moments, when they're not projecting their public persona for the camera, and occasionally you get a not-so-flattering look at the way people really behave. Other times, someone comes across as entirely unaffected, and you realize they're very grounded. That's Wilde. She's very comfortable with the process at this point, and she doesn't seem to be terribly high-maintenance, hanging out during breaks in the same green room where the press was gathered.
She's one of those people who I wish I could discuss something besides movies with, the great frustration of these press events. Obviously, you need to be on-point during the conversations and try to keep things related to their work, but she's such a sharp conversationalist that it would be nice to see what else interests her and what else keeps her engaged.
Her role in "The Change-Up" is interesting because she's almost like the antithesis of the "girl" in most romantic comedies. She's shallow, she's interested in someone almost exclusively for their physical attributes, and at the end of the film, she does not appear to have grown or changed in any way, and it's nice to see someone like her play that part. She's an unrepentant leech, and Ryan Reynolds is the target of her aggression.
I think his job is better than mine.
"The Change-Up" is in theaters this Friday.
News From Our Partners
- Laura Prudom: The Ultimate Sacrifice You Won't Believe What He Stole From George W. Bush It's Getting Ugly
- What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More Arrow Season 1 Finale Review: The Tragedies of Men Grimm "The Waking Dead" Review: Dead On Arrival
- The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - New Girl: Wedding Do's and Don'ts
- 'Angry Birds' Film Dive-Bombing Into Theaters In 2016 'Fast & Furious 6' Blasts Forward With Exclusive Clip: Watch Now! 'Riddick' Trailer: Watch Vin Diesel Fight For Survival
- 'Riddick' Trailer: Vin Diesel Is Back and Playing for Blood 'Rio 2' Teaser Trailer Has Landed: Let's Dance! Cannes 2013: Celebs Invade Opening Ceremony (PHOTOS)
- Interview: Noah Baumbach on how Frances Ha helped him see New York City with new eyes Random Roles: James Urbaniak on Venture Bros.’ return and Hal Hartley’s Lord Of The Rings Watch This: The second half of Twilight Zone: The Movie more than makes up for the first
- 'American Idol' Recap: Top 2 Perform Shakira Leaving 'The Voice' Next Season Source Claims Kanye West + Kim Kardashian Will Most Likely Break Up Before the Baby Is Born
- Total Recall: Star Trek Movies Parental Guidance: Star Trek Into Darkness In Pictures: The Stars of Star Trek Into Darkness
Hollywood's busiest alien spends a little more time with StarfleetThursday, May 16, 2013
David Twohy's latest looks lean and meanWednesday, May 15, 2013
Can this series really survive the loss of Justin Lin?Wednesday, May 15, 2013
Plus how devoted do you have to be to be called a 'Trekkkie'?Tuesday, May 14, 2013