Watch: Nicolas Cage dances with the devil in clips from 'Drive Angry'
Red Band clip mixes sex and violence in new ways
Now that 'Faster' has come and gone we have only one muscle-car revenge movie to look forward to, but what a doozy it is. For the uninitiated, "Drive Angry" is the story of a Milton (Nic Cage) who escapes from hell to save his baby granddaughter from a satanic cult and avenge the death of his daughter. He is pursued by the devil's right hand man (Bill Fichtner) who is tasked with dragging him back. Cage is assisted on his quest by the beautiful Piper (Amber Heard) and a very special deadly shotgun.
Two clips were released today as well as two TV spots (you can find in the video section) that may do more than ever to get genre fiends like myself to the theaters to see this. What? It looks trashy, you say? Well, yes it does. That's why we go.
In the clip above, named 'Hydrogen truck rampage' the satanic FIchtner cheerfully brings a truck filed with very explosive Hydrogen to a police roadblock. Directed by Patrick Lussier of "My Bloody Valentine 3D" fame, the tone is irreverent and rockabilly. This clip reinforces the 'over the top' message that all other previews and press materials have been sending. No, it's not Oscar-bait.
If the impossible car stunt left you wanting, check out the RED BAND trailer embedded below. It is not safe for work at all, and is entitled 'Gunfight Sex' which pretty much explains it all. You've been warned.
Alex Dorn is the Video Editor for HitFix follow him on twitter
News From Our Partners
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18 Justin Bieber + Selena Gomez Will Sit Together at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
The director's next film promises to be packed with talentSunday, May 19, 2013
This is one you'll want to watch as soon as you've seen the movieFriday, May 17, 2013
Plus we look back at a more spirited encounter with the comic actorThursday, May 16, 2013
The Channing Tatum/Mila Kunis science-fiction action movie is shooting nowThursday, May 16, 2013