Watch: Kristen Stewart and Chris Hemsworth meet in fantastical world of 'Snow White and the Huntsman'
This ain't for six-year-olds
- Critic's Rating B+
- Readers' Rating A+
I am back in Los Angeles after what felt like an inordinate time away from home. I've missed my boys something fierce, and more than anything, I've missed sitting with them and watching something. Anything. They went to a few movies while I was gone, and in particular, they seemed to have a really good time going with my wife to see "Mirror, Mirror."
When the two Snow White movies coming out this year were first announced, it bother me. The more we see of these two films, though, the more I think there's room for both of them in the marketplace. My wife wanted to see "Mirror, Mirror" because she's a huge fan of Julia Roberts, and she was happy to take the kids along because the trailer promised a pop cartoon of broad jokes and hypervivid color palette.
I can tell you after seeing this new trailer for "Snow White And The Huntsman," I suspect that the film is not targeting the safe-for-six-year-olds market.
Director Rupert Sanders wears his influences on his sleeve, but this particular cocktail of Miyazaki and "Lord of the Rings" and Guillermo Del Toro and a dozen other things seems to work because of the way Sanders has ingested them.
By the way, did Universal get a "Rent It Once and the Second Rental Is Free" deal on that beach where it looks like a battle was staged here, because it looks exactly like the spot where the awful Ridley Scott "Robin Hood" was shot.
Enough stalling. Here at last, the full-length release trailer for "Snow White And The Huntsman" which is the first to really include footage of how this version of the story will handle the dwarves. I'm very curious to see this one now, if only for what looks to be a visual treat.
Here''s the new trailer:
I'll have plenty for for you later today, but for now, I need to see if I can remember which room is mine since I've been away from home for so long.
"Snow White And The Huntsman" is in theaters June 1.
News From Our Partners
- Reese Witherspoon Joins Paul Thomas Anderson's 'Inherent Vice' CBS Fall 2013 Trailers: Sarah Michelle Gellar's 'Crazy Ones,' Anna Faris' Mom' and More! Sony Trademarks Possible PlayStation 4 Slogan "Greatness Awaits"
- Hear This: Connections gives a Guided By Voices-indebted reason to go for the opener Watch This: The second half of Twilight Zone: The Movie more than makes up for the first Tolerability Index: This week we're barely putting up with The Killing
- Shakira Leaving 'The Voice' Next Season Source Claims Kanye West + Kim Kardashian Will Most Likely Break Up Before the Baby Is Born Demi Lovato Gets New 'Warrior'-Inspired Tattoo [Pic]
- Total Recall: Star Trek Movies Parental Guidance: Star Trek Into Darkness In Pictures: The Stars of Star Trek Into Darkness
- Why They Went 'Crazy' 30 EPIC Wedding Disasters 'No One Lives Forever'
- 'Angry Birds' Film Dive-Bombing Into Theaters In 2016 'Fast & Furious 6' Blasts Forward With Exclusive Clip: Watch Now! 'Riddick' Trailer: Watch Vin Diesel Fight For Survival
- The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - New Girl: Wedding Do's and Don'ts
- Grimm "The Waking Dead" Review: Dead On Arrival What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Arrow, CSI, and Supernatural CBS's 2013-2014 Schedule: New Nights for Person of Interest and Hawaii Five-0, More Comedy on Thursdays
Hollywood's busiest alien spends a little more time with StarfleetThursday, May 16, 2013
David Twohy's latest looks lean and meanWednesday, May 15, 2013
Can this series really survive the loss of Justin Lin?Wednesday, May 15, 2013
Plus how devoted do you have to be to be called a 'Trekkkie'?Tuesday, May 14, 2013