Watch: Joel Edgerton and Teresa Palmer discuss 'Wish You Were Here'
A relaxed chat with two of the stars from this year's Sundance opening night movie
While we've got Team HitFix here, we're trying to do as many interviews as we can. We've got our awesome video team of Alex Dorn and Michiel Thomas with us on-site, and we've kept them running. On Saturday morning, we all met at the Bing Bar on Main Street, and I sat down with the filmmakers behind the film "Wish You Were Here."
This was the opening night movie that I reviewed, and I wanted to discuss the movie with the cast. I've interviewed Joel Edgerton before, most recently for "Warrior," so there was a slight comfort level there, and Teresa Palmer joined him for our chat, which is never a bad thing.
- Check out everything there is including photos, reviews, videos.
You can look at something like "Not Quite Hollywood" to see some of the rich history of Australian film, or you can look back at the early movies of Peter Weir and Gillian Armstrong and George Miller. I still remember that moment in the late '70s and early '80s where it felt like Australia was on fire all the time, one interesting movie after another pouring out of the country. To see a filmmaker like David Michod ("Animal Kingdom") or Darcy-Smith working now, there's a new identity to them, something that feels local and very much centered in the daily life of these filmmakers, and I like it. I am curious to see where things go from here.
It's obvious that Edgerton and Palmer really enjoyed the experience they had on the film, and were eager to talk about it, so I'm glad we found the time.
We'll have more reviews and interviews for you all week, so keep checking back.
News From Our Partners
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': How J.J. Abrams Kept the Identity of Benedict Cumberbatch's Villain a Secret Zach Galifianakis's 'Hangover III' Date: A Formerly Homeless Pal 'The Wolverine' New Trailer: More Ninjas, More Action and Jean Grey?
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Six: Michael Douglas plays Liberace in Steven Soderbergh’s swan song, Behind The Candelabra Comics Panel: New releases include an alternative detective story and a new collection examining the collective urban subconscious Permanent Records: The Breeders’ Last Splash is a rallying cry for the weirdos and stereotype-flouters
- Microsoft Announces Foza Motorsport 5 as an Xbox One Launch Title '24: Live Another Day': Will Mary Lynn Rajskub's Chloe Return? Xbox One's Xbox Live Services Will Get a Boost
- Meet The New 'X Factor' Judges 5 Women We're Excited to See On TV This Fall How 'Vikings' Leading Man Travis Fimmel Nearly Got Away...
- Seth MacFarlane's Next Film: 'Every Line Is Hilarious,' Amanda Seyfried Swears 'The Wolverine' Trailer: Five Questions It Answered 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million
- Daft Punk, 'Random Access Memories' – Album Review Adam Levine Inviting Shakira Over for Sweaty Bikram Yoga Sessions, Sparks Rumors Chris Brown, Demi Lovato + More React to Oklahoma Tornado Tragedy
- The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS The Big C Series Finale Review: And They Lived Happily Ever After Warehouse 13 "The Sky's the Limit" Review: Up Up and Away
One of the film's biggest ideas is explained more clearlyTuesday, May 21, 2013
Let's see what sort of boners fall out of Tobias's mouth this timeTuesday, May 21, 2013
The final film in the trilogy changes the way we look at the seriesTuesday, May 21, 2013
Plus he describes how he's like his character in the filmsMonday, May 20, 2013