Watch: Jennifer Lawrence talks about Katniss, archery, pressure and 'The Hunger Games'
The star of the spring's most anticipated film talks about tuning out expectations
Jennifer Lawrence is not yet a movie star by the classic definition. She is not yet enough to guarantee a film an opening weekend. I suspect all of that is about to change soon, and once the "Hunger Games" films are all in release, she's going to be able to choose the career she wants. And while she might not be a "movie star" yet, it really is just a matter of time.
Right now, I'm not sure even she is fully able to define what the ideal career would look like. She seems to me from the times we've spoken to be torn between a desire to vanish into her work and an awareness of the way this industry works and what it takes to build a career. She is, in my opinion, ready for the public to catch up to how talented she is, and if "The Hunger Games" is the project that introduces her to a larger audience, then that's a good thing.
- Check out everything there is including photos, reviews, videos.
I won't have a reaction to the film published until the 20th, but you will see several reviews for the film here at HitFix before then. I know that fans are tense, waiting for critical reactions to the film to start rolling in. It's almost time for them to finally lay eyes on what Gary Ross has done, and in the meantime, we're going to let the filmmakers make their case and tell you how they approached translating the books to the bigscreen.
"The Hunger Games" opens in theaters everywhere March 23, 2012.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
11 days ago
30 days ago
|Discuss In Theaters and Coming Soon on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- The Future Of Olivia And Fitz, And More Season 3 Scoop SPOILER ALERT: What's Ahead In 'Nikita' Season 4? Google Glass Does Porn
- Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Two: Iranian director Asghar Farhadi chases A Separation with another stunning drama
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- Pop Bytes: Michael Jackson's Nephew Negates Wade Robson's Molestation Claims + More Watch Macklemore, Kendrick Lamar, Ellie Goulding + More on Hangout Festival Livestream Dumb Celebrity Quotes – Who Said This?
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- 'Da Vinci's Demons' Review: "The Devil" 'Assassin's Creed' Movie Slated For Memorial Day 2015 Amazon Picks Up John Goodman's 'Alpha House,' Computer Comedy 'Betas'
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
This is one you'll want to watch as soon as you've seen the movieFriday, May 17, 2013
Plus we look back at a more spirited encounter with the comic actorThursday, May 16, 2013
The Channing Tatum/Mila Kunis science-fiction action movie is shooting nowThursday, May 16, 2013
Hollywood's busiest alien spends a little more time with StarfleetThursday, May 16, 2013