Watch: Garrett Hedlund Talks 'Tron: Legacy,' Ducatis and Flying Machines
Disney also releases new action image from the film
We interrupt "Flipped week" to bring you a "TRON: Legacy" bulletin.
Don't get me wrong, "Flipped" looks like it's going to be a great movie, but there is not a single film that I am more excited about this year than TRON: Legacy. I could easily say that my 10 thru 14 year old self has watched the original TRON on VHS tape close to 100 times and my much older, more mature self has watched it.. ooh a few times more than once on DVD.
I spoke to director Joseph Kosinski at Comic Con (Article coming soon) and according to him the movie lived in his VCR as well, so all signs point to the project being in the right hands.
(Mr. Kosinski should be especially happy today as it was announced that Disney has picked up the film rights to "Oblivion" his Sci-Fi "Illustrated Novel" that he developed at Radical Press.)
Disney released this new picture on the TRON Facebook page, depicting a double-disk'd gladiator either falling or suspended on a clear surface. (we see a bit of this sequence in the new trailer around minute 2:03, The orange highlights tell us this is a bad guy… maybe Clu himself?)
The design and the framing show the filmmakers have a keen eye for precise symmetry. Kosinski brought in industrial designers and other techs to help with the production design. The director also studied architecture in school and the image shows an appreciation for angles if nothing else.
Also captured at the Con was the interview above with Garrett Hedlund, who plays Sam Flynn, the hero of the new chapter. Gregory Ellwood tries to get him to talk about the cool new weapons in the pic, but we mostly just get enthusiasm. Hey, we can't really ask for much more at this point
“Tron Legacy” opens nationwide and in IMAX on Dec. 17.
Can't get enough of Motion/Captured? Don't miss a post with daily HitFix Blog Alerts. Sign up now.
Don't miss out. Add Motion/Captured to your iGoogle, My Yahoo or My MSN experience by clicking here.
Not part of the HitFix Nation yet? Take 90 seconds and sign up today.
News From Our Partners
- In Pictures: The Cars of Fast & Furious Digital Multiplex: Warm Bodies and Aftershock Discover the Best-Reviewed Films in Summer Movie Scorecard 2013
- Rihanna Working on Eighth Album [Pic] One Direction to Release Fourth Book This Summer Beyonce Reveals Battle With Tonsillitis + 'Grown Woman' Choreography in Mrs. Carter Show Tour Videos
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds The Weirdest, Grossest, Bestest Moments from Netflix's Hemlock Grove, in Pictures and GIFs What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS
- 'Before Midnight' L.A. Premiere: Ethan Hawke, Julie Delpy Celebrate 18 Years Together (PHOTOS) Josh Hutcherson in 'Ape': 'Hunger Games' Star Lines Up Role in Psychological Thriller 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Kneel Before General Zod
- Please Watch New 'Arrested Development' In Order & Not At Once From 'Idol' Contestants To Judges? From 'Unfabulous' To 'American Horror Story'
- Xbox One Games Can Be Played By Multiple Users on One Console 'American Horror Story: Coven' Adds Emma Roberts 'Fast 6′ vs. 'Hangover 3′: Who Will Win the Memorial Day Weekend Box Office?
- New 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Watch Now! 'The Hangover': Retracing The Success Of A Few Crazy Nights 'Fast & Furious 6': How Michelle Rodriguez Came Back From The Dead
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes, Day Seven: J.C. Chandor makes good, Nicolas Winding Refn goes bad, and Claire Denis gets ugly Interview: Katie Aselton on going from mumblecore to thriller—and directing her own nude scenes TV Roundtable: Boobies, pee-pees, codependence, and grounding the shenanigans with heart
As the series shifts focus and winds down, we talk to the main trio about returning one last timeWednesday, May 22, 2013
One of the film's biggest ideas is explained more clearlyTuesday, May 21, 2013
Let's see what sort of boners fall out of Tobias's mouth this timeTuesday, May 21, 2013
The final film in the trilogy changes the way we look at the seriesTuesday, May 21, 2013