Watch: Four new glimpses of J.J. Abrams' 'Super 8' crash onto your screen
Four looks at the train crash sequence from the new thriller
Got four new looks at J.J. Abrams 'Super 8' in the inbox this morning. I hesitate to call them 'clips' because they're obviously tv spots or highly edited pieces that share footage with each other. They're calling them 'sequences' which is a new one for me. All center around the same train crash scene we can presume is at the beginning of the film and sets all the story in motion.
The film takes place in 1979 and focuses on a teenage boy who's life is turned upside down when strange supernatural things start happening in his small town after something is released from a government transport train after a crash that may have not been an accident. (notice a certain "Hatch"Â shot in the "Run"Â clip? Looks a little familiar to me!)
Sporting lot's of Spielbergian lighting and wide eyed kids in danger, the clips highlight that this is an admittedly nostalgic story by Abrams for the time in his childhood when he first started shooting super 8 movies.
The film stars Kyle Chandler, Elle Fanning, and Joel Courtney as Joe, the movie-lovin' kid.
Watch the clips embedded above and below. The film crashes into theatersâ€¦ the film invades theaters? The film inexplicably takes over theater screens June 10th, 2011.
News From Our Partners
- In Pictures: The Cars of Fast & Furious Digital Multiplex: Warm Bodies and Aftershock Discover the Best-Reviewed Films in Summer Movie Scorecard 2013
- GIFS: 10 TV Housekeepers That Ran The Show Megan Smolenyak: Celebrity Roots Series "Who Do You Think You Are?" Returns This Is Going To Be AMAZING
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS 7 Lessons We Learned from the 2012-2013 TV Season The Big C Series Finale Review: And They Lived Happily Ever After
- Is 'Jurassic Park 4' a Reboot? Yes, According to Sam Neill 'Return of the Jedi': 25 Things You Didn't Know About the Original 'Star Wars' Trilogy Finale Melissa McCarthy Fires a 'Tammy' Extra for Mistreating Her Child
- Hear This: An early Walkmen song gets anti-nostalgic Watch This: Thunder Road is one of the first, and finest, automotive action movies off the Hollywood lot Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Six: Michael Douglas plays Liberace in Steven Soderbergh’s swan song, Behind The Candelabra
- Xbox One Will Require Daily Internet Connection 'Hannibal' "Trou Normand" Preview: Is Will Losing His Mind? Quantum Break Trailer: Remedy Returns With Xbox One Exclusive
- Seth MacFarlane's Next Film: 'Every Line Is Hilarious,' Amanda Seyfried Swears 'The Wolverine' Trailer: Five Questions It Answered 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million
- T-ara Member Hyomin Shows Off Her Sexy Side in Korean InStyle [Pics] Listen to David Guetta's Remix of Empire of the Sun's 'Alive Demi Lovato to Have Her Tonsils Removed
As the series shifts focus and winds down, we talk to the main trio about returning one last timeWednesday, May 22, 2013
One of the film's biggest ideas is explained more clearlyTuesday, May 21, 2013
Let's see what sort of boners fall out of Tobias's mouth this timeTuesday, May 21, 2013
The final film in the trilogy changes the way we look at the seriesTuesday, May 21, 2013