Watch: Ed Helms, Anne Heche, and Isiah Whitlock, Jr. discuss 'Cedar Rapids'
It's Iowa by way of Sundance in this three-way interview
During Sundance, Fox Searchlight showed up for two of their films. One is the Tom McCarthy film "Win Win," and the other was Miguel Arteta's new comedy "Cedar Rapids." They went all out with the "Cedar Rapids" promotion, too, installing a Brownstar Insurance office on Main Street, and that's where I went to sit down and talk to the cast about their film.
I ran a bit of my conversation with Ed Helms about his upcoming "The Hangover Part II" here the day after the interview, but we wanted to hold onto the actual chat with Isiah Whitlock, Jr., Anne Heche, and Helms together until we got a little closer to release.
Well, the movie's coming out on Friday, so I'd say it's time, right? You can check out my review of the film if you'd like, and then check out this conversation with these actors, who obviously built a genuine rapport as they shot the film.
From the moment they all showed up in the room, they were chatting, joking, teasing me, kidding the cameramen. I have to assume, having seen the film, that John C. Reilly was sleeping one off somewhere, but these three more than made up for that.
We cover a number of topics in the nine minutes of the interview, including how that "The Wire" joke ended up in the movie, Helms and his exploration of the psychology of the nice guy, and more. When you've got three personalities like this in one interview, you don't really manage them so much as you just try to stay afloat and keep up.
"Cedar Rapids" opens in theaters everywhere this Friday.
News From Our Partners
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do.
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
The director's next film promises to be packed with talentSunday, May 19, 2013
This is one you'll want to watch as soon as you've seen the movieFriday, May 17, 2013
Plus we look back at a more spirited encounter with the comic actorThursday, May 16, 2013
The Channing Tatum/Mila Kunis science-fiction action movie is shooting nowThursday, May 16, 2013