Chris Hemsworth and Chris Evans assemble for 'Avengers' interview
What power reduces Captain America and Thor to tears of laughter?
A year from now, when you look at me and I'm 60 to 70 pounds lighter than I am right now, you can trace that decision back to the moment I was sitting across from Chris Hemsworth and Chris Evans and felt like the most horrifying specimen of manhood of all time.
Look, I get it… these guys are paid to be superheroes. But nothing will make you question the genetic lottery more than a full day spent talking to the actual physical embodiments of Thor and Captain America. It would be easier to take if I could report back that they are terrible people, rude and abrasive and totally hung up on the whole movie star thing… only that wouldn't be true. In actuality, everyone in the cast seems to be really centered and smart and grateful for what they're doing these days.
- Check out everything there is including photos, reviews, videos.
As we get closer to the release of "The Avengers," you'll see my interview with Mark Ruffalo about playing The Hulk, and there is little doubt in my mind that one of the biggest sensations this summer is going to be his work in the movie. Talking to Evans and Hemsworth about the performance he gave and how it worked on-set, they ended up in tears, laughing, unable to shake the image of Ruffalo in his motion-capture body stocking.
I'm going to be very careful about offering up opinions on "The Avengers" between now and whenever the review embargo is, but I've been able to share a few quick thoughts on Twitter so far, and I think it's safe to say that as much as I was looking forward to this movie, it exceeded my expectations in every way.
Enjoy this interview, and there's plenty more coming as our "Avengers" coverage continues here on HitFix, counting down to the film's release.
"The Avengers" will save the world on May 4, 2012.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
9 days ago
28 days ago
|Discuss In Theaters and Coming Soon on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- Interview: Noah Baumbach on how Frances Ha helped him see New York City with new eyes Random Roles: James Urbaniak on Venture Bros.’ return and Hal Hartley’s Lord Of The Rings Watch This: The second half of Twilight Zone: The Movie more than makes up for the first
- 'Riddick' Trailer: Vin Diesel Is Back and Playing for Blood 'Rio 2' Teaser Trailer Has Landed: Let's Dance! Cannes 2013: Celebs Invade Opening Ceremony (PHOTOS)
- Total Recall: Star Trek Movies Parental Guidance: Star Trek Into Darkness In Pictures: The Stars of Star Trek Into Darkness
- What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More Arrow Season 1 Finale Review: The Tragedies of Men Grimm "The Waking Dead" Review: Dead On Arrival
- The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - New Girl: Wedding Do's and Don'ts
- 'American Idol' Recap: Top 2 Perform Shakira Leaving 'The Voice' Next Season Source Claims Kanye West + Kim Kardashian Will Most Likely Break Up Before the Baby Is Born
- 'Supernatural' Season Finale Review: "Sacrifice" 'Arrow' Season Finale Review: "Sacrifice" 'Modern Family' Review: "Games People Play"
- 'Angry Birds' Film Dive-Bombing Into Theaters In 2016 'Fast & Furious 6' Blasts Forward With Exclusive Clip: Watch Now! 'Riddick' Trailer: Watch Vin Diesel Fight For Survival
Hollywood's busiest alien spends a little more time with StarfleetThursday, May 16, 2013
David Twohy's latest looks lean and meanWednesday, May 15, 2013
Can this series really survive the loss of Justin Lin?Wednesday, May 15, 2013
Plus how devoted do you have to be to be called a 'Trekkkie'?Tuesday, May 14, 2013