Watch: Amy Adams effuses about working with 'The Muppets' and Superman
Amelia Earhart, Lois Lane, and a musical wth the Muppets? What can't she do?
Everybody loves Amy Adams.
That's a universal truth, right? She's one of those performers I can't imagine disliking. Even if you don't love the movies she makes, I can't fathom how anyone would have a problem with her. There's a reason her performance in "Junebug" got her that Oscar nomination, and it was more a case of "Oh my gosh, who is this person?" than the film itself. She just popped off the screen in that film, and I felt the same was true of her work in Steven Spielberg's "Catch Me If You Can."
On the day we did this interview, I had both of my sons with me, and it was a big day of meeting people for them. They got to meet Spider-Man's girlfriend, they met Walter, and Toshi interviewed Miss Piggy and Kermit the Frog. But maybe the biggest event for them, based on how much they talked about it afterwards, was meeting The Princess from "The Princess Movie."
At least, that's the title it's known by in our house. Both of the boys are big fans of "Enchanted," and they knew Adams as Giselle from that film before they knew her as anything else. And while they also love her in "A Night At The Museum 2," even in that film, they just refer to her as "The Princess."
Adams is coming off of a few films in a row where she had much darker experiences than we're used to with her, and I thought she was great in "The Fighter." I'm curious to see her work in "On The Road," as well, but after those films back to back, I can see why she must have jumped at the chance to star in "The Muppets."
I'm not remotely shocked to learn that Adams can sing and dance. She's always struck me as that talented theater nerd finally made good, someone with the all-purpose background required to be able to do pretty much anything when called upon, and she handles herself easily here. She's got one song, "Me Party," that is very "Flight Of The Conchords," and she really sells it.
Always a delight to speak to, Adams also couldn't have been nicer to the boys, who were pleased that The Princess is, indeed, every bit as sweet as movies told them she was.
"The Muppets" opens everywhere today. Go, already.
News From Our Partners
- Behind The Shocking 'Grey's Anatomy' Finale WATCH: Tobias Fünke's New Sizzle Reel Is Epic JLo Steals Spotlight On 'American Idol'
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- Amazon Picks Up John Goodman's 'Alpha House,' Computer Comedy 'Betas' 'Rapturepalooza' Trailer: Anna Kendrick Gets Seduced by Satan 'Doctor Who' Season 8: Matt Smith Confirmed to Stay Another Year?
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Two: Iranian director Asghar Farhadi chases A Separation with another stunning drama
- Pop Bytes: Michael Jackson's Nephew Negates Wade Robson's Molestation Claims + More Watch Macklemore, Kendrick Lamar, Ellie Goulding + More on Hangout Festival Livestream Dumb Celebrity Quotes – Who Said This?
This is one you'll want to watch as soon as you've seen the movieFriday, May 17, 2013
Plus we look back at a more spirited encounter with the comic actorThursday, May 16, 2013
The Channing Tatum/Mila Kunis science-fiction action movie is shooting nowThursday, May 16, 2013
Hollywood's busiest alien spends a little more time with StarfleetThursday, May 16, 2013