Watch: A 'Hunger Games' Free-for-all with Harrelson, Banks and Kravitz
A spirited conversation with some of the major supporting players from the film
It's a rule of on-camera interviews that you don't really want to sit down with more than two people at the same time. Groups of three can be hard, even when all three people are ready and willing, because of the logistics of it. You're talking about four to six minutes with four people in a conversation. That's a sprint, no matter what, and it worries me walking into a room.
I feel like I've interviewed Elizabeth Banks many times now, and she's one of the most unassuming, easygoing people you can sit down with. I get the sense she understands how fundamentally silly this process can be, and she always appears to be having fun with it. I talked to her about "Hunger Games" when we met for "Man On The Ledge," and when I sat down with Woody Harrelson for "Rampart," I couldn't resist a little bit of talk about Haymitch, his character in this film.
- Check out everything there is including photos, reviews, videos.
Those two together, I would have been completely at ease walking into the room. But Lionsgate threw in Lenny Kravitz, and that threw me. First, because he's almost shockingly good in his role in "The Hunger Games," and second, because he's Lenny Kravitz. He's an old-school rock star, and such a great big real-life persona that I felt like it might really throw off the gravity of the room.
They turned out to be a delight, of course, and I think part of what happens is when everyone you're talking to genuinely enjoys the movie they're promoting, and they enjoy the experience they had together, it makes it easy. I get the feeling that this cast is ready and eager to return for the second film in the series, and I suspect that once people see the movie, they're going to go crazy for it.
We'll have more interviews with the cast and crew of "The Hunger Games" in the next few days, and I'll be reviewing it next Monday morning.
"The Hunger Games" opens in theaters on March 23.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
13 days ago
about 1 month ago
|Discuss In Theaters and Coming Soon on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- 'Star Wars Rebels': New Animated Series Will Take Place Between 'Episode III and 'Episode IV' James Badge Dale, 'Iron Man 3' Star, Is Also in 'World War Z' and 'The Lone Ranger' 'Blue Jasmine' Poster Debut: Cate Blanchett Is Strikingly Stoic (PHOTO)
- Sony Teases PlayStation 4 E3 Console Reveal in New Video George Takei as Every Character in 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Nintendo Promises Details on New 3D Mario, Smash Bros Before E3
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Mad Men "The Crash" Review: Uppers Give You Wings! Hey TV.com, Should I Watch The Goodwin Games?
- The Women TV Is Still Missing Jason Isaacs Reveals The One Co-Star He Won't Work With Again WATCH: La Toya's Tearful Break-Up Phone Call
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': What's Next For J.J. Abrams And The Cast? 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Spoiler Special: Burning Questions Answered 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now!
- Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1 Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh
- One Direction Thank Their Fans for 2013 Billboard Music Award Wins Drake + Jay-Z Working on New Music [Pic] Taylor Swift Gets Grossed Out When Selena Gomez + Justin Bieber Kiss Backstage at 2013 Billboard Awards [Pics]
- Why Do I Own This?: A pint glass nicked from Forks, Washington, a.k.a. “Twilight, U.S.A.” Scenic Routes: A quiet scene from The Matrix demonstrates how to make exposition compelling Nerd Curious: Why the essential collection Bradbury Stories explains how to live forever
Plus he describes how he's like his character in the filmsMonday, May 20, 2013
One of the strangest moments of my online career involved the legendary musicianMonday, May 20, 2013
Instead, he explains how he feels the new film defines the whole trilogyMonday, May 20, 2013
You want to know what this summer sleeper's really like? Check this out.Monday, May 20, 2013