Want to see an early screening of 'Cabin In The Woods' in Philadelphia?
We've got details on how you can register and who will be there as a special guest
So are you excited about "The Cabin In The Woods" yet?
I think Lionsgate is doing a good job with a difficult situation. They picked the film up from MGM because they believe in it, and they've been very clear about that since they first started reaching out to press last year. They have also been very clear from the start that they recognize just how hard it is to sell this movie without giving away so much of what makes it great.
Ultimately, a good film is more than just the sum of its secrets, and "The Cabin In The Woods" is a film that plays even better once you watch it a second time. The film is loaded with tiny details that pay off in a whole different way the second time around. I suspect that horror fans will see the film many times, just to dissect all the things that Joss Whedon and Drew Goddard have layered into it.
We feel strongly that this is a word of mouth movie, and the only way that works is if you guys get a chance to see it. We'd like to make that happen. Today, Lionsgate is announcing screenings in a number of different cities, each one sponsored by a different site. HitFix is pleased to be sponsoring the Philadelphia screening, and all you need to do to RSVP is head over to the film's official Facebook page, where you would select "Philadelphia" as your city of choice. When prompted to enter your PIN, use "CITW-HITFIX," and then just follow the onscreen instructions.
Each screening should have someone special in attendance, and for our screening, that's Fran Kranz, who plays Marty, the stoner of the group. "The Cabin In The Woods" deals largely in stereotype and the traditions of the genre, and Kranz manages to find his own way to bring to life a character we've seen in dozens of different films before.
If you do go, please spread the word about the film afterwards. That's the entire point of doing a word of mouth event like this. Just remember when you do, there are things you won't want to reveal, things that every viewer deserves to discover for themselves.
And just in case you need a little more convincing, here's my review once again, as well as a link to the live-chat I hosted with Whedon and Goddard during SXSW.
"The Cabin In The Woods" arrives in theaters April 13, 2012.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
12 days ago
about 1 month ago
|Discuss In Theaters and Coming Soon on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain
- Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18 Justin Bieber + Selena Gomez Will Sit Together at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
The director's next film promises to be packed with talentSunday, May 19, 2013
This is one you'll want to watch as soon as you've seen the movieFriday, May 17, 2013
Plus we look back at a more spirited encounter with the comic actorThursday, May 16, 2013
The Channing Tatum/Mila Kunis science-fiction action movie is shooting nowThursday, May 16, 2013