Video Interview: Carey Mulligan discusses 'Never Let Me Go' in Toronto
The young star discusses her busy fall season and her latest work
Carey Mulligan is almost unnaturally poised considering how much expectation has been heaped on her since last year's "An Education" made its debut at Sundance 2009. She turned around and, on the basis of the heat around her performance in that film, booked a couple of high profile jobs that are just now making their way to theaters.
First up? This weekend's "Never Let Me Go," which is opening in limited release first. You can read the Motion/Captured review of the film here.
On Sunday, Carey Mulligan was part of the big Fox Searchlight press day, and we sat down with her to discuss her work in Mark Romanek's movie, her work with Oliver Stone in "Wall Street 2," and how you go about playing the sort of character she plays in "Never Let Me Go."
She was charming, sharp, polished. As expected. And even as the afternoon wore on, even when she was on break, she seemed relaxed, ready for the interviews, open and sincere. Toronto can be a punishing schedule for everyone involved in the film festival… publicists, talent, journalists, audiences.. and to see someone with so much staked on these movies handle it with such poise… especially someone so young… is a humbling thing.
After a conversation with her, one has the feeling Ms. Mulligan is at the very start of what promises to be a long and interesting career, and I hope to speak to her again about what I'm sure will be a rewarding body of work.
Can't get enough of Motion/Captured? Don't miss a post with daily HitFix Blog Alerts. Sign up now.
Don't miss out. Add Motion/Captured to your iGoogle, My Yahoo or My MSN experience by clicking here.
Not part of the HitFix Nation yet? Take 90 seconds and sign up today.
Become a fan of HitFix on Facebook.
News From Our Partners
- Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18 Justin Bieber + Selena Gomez Will Sit Together at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
The director's next film promises to be packed with talentSunday, May 19, 2013
This is one you'll want to watch as soon as you've seen the movieFriday, May 17, 2013
Plus we look back at a more spirited encounter with the comic actorThursday, May 16, 2013
The Channing Tatum/Mila Kunis science-fiction action movie is shooting nowThursday, May 16, 2013