Sundance Diary Part Three: Bing Bars and Jesus Pizza
Tim League of Alamo Drafthouse fame is one of the familiar faces we ran into
Okay, gentlemen, here's the scenario. You're standing in a room, and you're surrounded by Alison Brie, Emily Blunt, Teresa Palmer, Christina Hendricks, and Lizzy Kaplan, and it is absolutely imperative that you remain cool. Could you?
These are the moments where you realize that you should never, ever complain about this job.
The place was the Bing Bar, where many of the publicity teams who are here this year have arranged for interviews to take place, and over the weekend, we were there to shoot chats for both "Wish You Were Here" and "Your Sister's Sister" at the same time, which is when the above scenario unfolded. In addition to the assortment of some of the lovely ladies above, there were any number of familiar faces milling about. Joel Edgerton and Martin Starr and Ice-T and his wife Coco and Mark Duplass, and everyone was catching up and talking about what they were in town to support, an open bar lubricating the day's conversations thoroughly and continuously.
- Check out everything there is including photos, reviews, videos.
That sort of moment is obviously not the Sundance experience that everyone has, although it's next to impossible to be here for more than 24 hours without stumbling over someone who you recognize. We decided to combine both Saturday and Sunday into one video report, where you'll see Tim League, the owner and founder of the Alamo Drafthouse, who I've run into repeatedly at screenings over the past few days.
We've got more of these coming for you, but for now, enjoy a little bit more of the experience of this year's Sundance Film Festival, which is actually winding down for me at this point. Hard to believe I'm out of here tomorrow night.
Then again, it's worth leaving early because I've got a really insane "Film Nerd 2.0" event planned for this weekend. You really won't believe your eyes.
News From Our Partners
- 'Doctor Who' Season 8 Confirmed, Steven Moffat to Return The Wrap Up: Behind-the-Scenes Image from 'Godzilla' Shows a Train in Peril Batman: Arkham Origins Will See the Return of Kevin Conroy
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- Carly Rae Jepsen's 'Call Me Maybe' Captures Top Digital Song Honor at 2013 Billboard Music Awards Macklemore + Ryan Lewis Win Best Rap Song for 'Thrift Shop' at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 2013 Billboard Music Awards Gets a Tour From Taylor Swift's '22′ Performance [Video]
- Box Office: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Misses $100M Domestic Mark on Opening Weekend Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO)
- FTW vs. WTF: The TV Week in Review (May 19) Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy
- Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1 Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Four: The Coen brothers return to the festival with a folk-rock flashback Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
The director's next film promises to be packed with talentSunday, May 19, 2013
This is one you'll want to watch as soon as you've seen the movieFriday, May 17, 2013
Plus we look back at a more spirited encounter with the comic actorThursday, May 16, 2013
The Channing Tatum/Mila Kunis science-fiction action movie is shooting nowThursday, May 16, 2013