Sundance 2009: That's A Wrap
Okay, Sundance... you win.
I am officially done with movies in Park City. And I don't say that in a huffy "I'm taking my ball and going home" sort of way... just a realistic admission that it's 6:00 in the morning, I haven't slept, I'm flying in about seven hours, and I'm not going to that screening of "We Live In Public" at the Temple at 9:00 no matter how much I'd like to.
My last film seen this year is "Mystery Team," while my first was "Mary and Max," which seems by my recollection to have been something I saw about eleven years ago.
I've got about five more reviews written in my Moleskine I carried with me all week, and I'm going to work on getting those in the computer the moment I get home. Typing on the laptop is a skill I haven't quite perfected yet (damn youse, thumbpad), and I have a plan for how I can keep the Sundance coverage flowing like water all weekend long as I catch up on all the reviews for all the films I've seen as well as interviews with Bill Hader and Kristen Wiig, Greg Mottola, and Bobcat Goldthwait. It's going to be a flood of stuff, but that's the great thing about having been here this year... I'm set now, part of the conversation that starts every year at this time, something I haven't been for the last six or seven years, and I'm so pleased. As we welcome new readers every day, I want you to feel secure in the idea that HitFix and Motion/Captured are going to be participants in the annual festival conversation, and this year is just the start of what we've got planned.
For now, I've got to close my eyes for three hours or so, and then get up and pack and get out of here.
Best part? I get to hug my kids and my wife about 12 hours from now. Man, I've been missing them this week.
News From Our Partners
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do.
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- Kelly Rowland Close to Signing 'X Factor' Deal Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18
The director's next film promises to be packed with talentSunday, May 19, 2013
This is one you'll want to watch as soon as you've seen the movieFriday, May 17, 2013
Plus we look back at a more spirited encounter with the comic actorThursday, May 16, 2013
The Channing Tatum/Mila Kunis science-fiction action movie is shooting nowThursday, May 16, 2013