Sundance 2009: Saturday Afternoon Update
Okay, for anyone checking the blog right now, thought I'd drop in quickly before trying to post reviews for "Moon" and "Humpday" and let you know how things are going.
It's been a frustrating Saturday, but since I'm determined not to let myself be stressed, I'm just sort of rolling with the various scheduling gaffes and whatever I see, I see. So far, I'm missed two films I was ticketed to see, the midnight movie "Grace" (since "Rudo y Cursi" ran late last night) and this morning's premiere of "Lymelife."
I'm absolutely determined to catch up with both films later in the festival. For now, I'm trying to use the weird gaps in my schedule today to get some writing done so I can be closer to current with the reviews.
There's only been one movie I really resent having seen so far, and that's "Spring Breakdown." It's my own fault. I should have known, just from the description. Even so, I did see "Wet Hot American Summer" here in 2001, so you always hope that something will play better than it sounds on paper. But "Spring Breakdown" is sort of a programming embarrassment. If you're considering seeing it up here, but you're not sure yet... don't. Really.
"Dead Snow" at midnight for sure tonight. I may see "The September Issue" before that, or I may run to the Eccles for "500 Days Of Summer." That's the sort of day it is... very little set in stone. Even "Paper Hearts" is still a possibility.
Whatever happens, I'm loving the mountain air and the cold. It's insane how beautiful it is out there right now, and I'm energized by being here again.
News From Our Partners
- 'Hangover III': The Reviews Are In! Jennifer Aniston Breaks Bad, Strips Down In 'We're The Millers' Trailer 'Star Wars' Fans Still Love To Hate Ewoks 30 Years Later
- Is There Hope For Jaime & Brienne Shippers? PHOTOS: Inside Lucille Austero's New Apartment WATCH: Full-Length Trailers For 'The Millers,' 'Hostages' And 'Mom'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Season 6 Adds 'The Shield's CCH Pounder As… David Boreanaz, Minka Kelly, Tom Felton and More Go 'Full Circle' for DirecTV Syfy's 'Helix': David Slade Directing 'Battlestar Galactica' Creator Ron Moore's New Series
- The Telefile - Save Me: Lightning Strikes NBC The Telefile - Modern Family: Goodnight, Gracie. Hello, Series Highlight. The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced
- The Saturdays Are Sexy Housewives Seeking a 'Gentleman' in New Video Enter for a Chance to See Emblem3 Live on 'Good Morning America!' Bruno Mars Rumored for 'American Idol' Judge Spot
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Eight: Blue Is The Warmest Color captures a relationship’s rawness and beauty Hear This: Pantera’s “Walk” is the cry of aggrieved, disaffected youth Watch This: Vanishing Point caters to car nuts and existentialists alike
- Less Jaywalking, More Web-friendly Clips: Dos and Don'ts for Seth Meyers' Late Night Career What to Watch Tonight: The Season Premiere of Rookie Blue and the Series Premieres of Save Me, Showville, and Does Someone Have to Go? Nashville Season Finale Review: Funerals, Proposals, Car Accidents, Oh My?
- Critics Consensus: Fast & Furious 6 is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Photos with Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Gina Carano and More Video: The Hangover Part III Cast Interviews
They can both use the same character, but will it be worth it?Thursday, May 23, 2013
Michael Cera and Alia Shawkat talk about returning to the roles of loving cousins for 'Arrested Development'Our conversation was an afternoon delightThursday, May 23, 2013
One of the emotional lynchpins of the series discusses the newest filmWednesday, May 22, 2013
Two of the supporting characters from the trilogy weigh in on saying goodbyeWednesday, May 22, 2013