So where the heck is Drew?
And when will we see more Comic-Con coverage?
We're almost back to normal, folks.
I'm sitting in my hotel room in Toronto right now, and in six hours, I'll be taking a car to the airport so that I can catch my 8:30 AM flight back to Los Angeles, where I'll finally be able to sit down and jam through all of the work I've got backed up.
"Wait," you say, "what are you doing in Toronto? I thought you were at Comic-Con." Well, I was. And I drove my family home from San Diego on Sunday, had just enough time to unpack, do some laundry, repack, and head to the airport so I could come here to visit the set of Edgar Wright's adaptation of "Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World." We wrapped that up a few hours ago and then grabbed some dinner. I still feel like I haven't really slept right since last Wednesday, so things are about as weird as they get right now.
Right now, I'm trying to finish my "Inglourious Basterds" review before I head to the airport. Then tomorrow, I have to work my way through a whole stack of stuff, including reviews of "In The Loop," "Thirst," "The Goods," and "Funny People," as well as more Comic-Con reports on things like "Tron: Legacy," "Sherlock Holmes," the Disney animation panel, and interviews with Terry Gilliam and Hayao Miyazaki.
So, yeah... I plan to stay busy for a while.
[more after the jump]
And all of that is in addition to the return of the Morning Read, the conclusion of my "Star Trek" articles with Toshi (who never wanted Comic-Con to end), and all sorts of other great things I can't tell you about until next week.
I guess the good news is that there's all this amazing content right around the corner for all of us.
The bad news is that I actually have to find time to write it all.
I may have a heap of fun doing this stuff, folks, but believe me... I pay for it in the end. And I'm willing to do it for you guys.
More coming soon...
Can't get enough of Motion/Captured? Don't miss a post with daily HitFix Blog Alerts. Sign up now.
Don't miss out. Add Motion/Captured to your iGoogle, My Yahoo or My MSN experience by clicking here.
Not part of the HitFix Nation yet? Take 90 seconds and sign up today.
News From Our Partners
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18 Justin Bieber + Selena Gomez Will Sit Together at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
The director's next film promises to be packed with talentSunday, May 19, 2013
This is one you'll want to watch as soon as you've seen the movieFriday, May 17, 2013
Plus we look back at a more spirited encounter with the comic actorThursday, May 16, 2013
The Channing Tatum/Mila Kunis science-fiction action movie is shooting nowThursday, May 16, 2013