New 'Attack The Block' trailer crash lands online
Check out the new red-band look at the year's coolest cult hit
In just a few minutes, I'm on my way out the door to the Arclight Theater in Hollywood, where I'll be introducing a screening of "Attack The Block," then moderating a Q&A with a very special guest from the film right afterwards. This will make the third time I've seen the film, and I'm looking forward to it again.
It's exciting that they're going to be releasing the film in July in limited release, and I sincerely hope it does well enough to eventually go wide. I think it could happen, too. It's going to take a strong campaign on Sony's part, and they're putting out a new trailer that's red-banded and that is going live online right now.
They're also showing the film to people, as much as possible. It's a tactic that really worked for the original "The Hangover," which screened approximately 4,750 times before it was finally released. They've got the film booked at the LA Film Festival, they're going to end up with some sort of Comic-Con presence this summer, and then they're hitting theaters. They're being aggressive about this, and I hope it pays off for them.
I'll be the first to admit that it's tricky, but this is a case where they've got a movie that most people really enjoy once they've seen it, and they have to somehow convince people that they want to see it even though they've never heard of anyone in it and they don't recognize the title… yet.
Here's the embed:
Thanks to Sony and to Trailer Addict for this one. And hopefully I'll have an interview with tonight's special guest for you very soon here on the site.
"Attack The Block" begins its assault on American theaters July 29, 2011.
News From Our Partners
- Inventory: “Illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money”: 20 inept magicians in pop culture For Our Consideration: The crowd-funding conundrum: The line between bringing fans closer and taking advantage Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Four: The Coen brothers return to the festival with a folk-rock flashback
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- Nicki Minaj Gives Lil Wayne a Lap Dance During 'High School' at 2013 Billboard Music Awards [Video] David Guetta, Akon + Ne-Yo 'Play Hard' at 2013 Billboard Music Awards [Video] Prince Closes 2013 Billboard Music Awards With Rare Performance Medley
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Hey TV.com, Should I Watch The Goodwin Games? FTW vs. WTF: The TV Week in Review (May 19)
- WATCH: SNL Spoofs San Francisco's Bacon Bacon Controversy Mike Hogan: The Wedding From Hell WATCH: 'SNL' Takes On IRS Scandal
- Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1 Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh
- 'Mad Men' Review: "The Crash" 'Game of Thrones' Review: "Second Sons" 'Star Wars Episode 7′ — Jonathan Rhys Meyers to Join the Cast?
The director's next film promises to be packed with talentSunday, May 19, 2013
This is one you'll want to watch as soon as you've seen the movieFriday, May 17, 2013
Plus we look back at a more spirited encounter with the comic actorThursday, May 16, 2013
The Channing Tatum/Mila Kunis science-fiction action movie is shooting nowThursday, May 16, 2013