McW VS McG! Drew McWeeny talks to the director of 'Terminator: Salvation'
McG discusses the original ending, the lack of humor, and more
I met McG for the first time on the phone.
He called me to talk to me after I ran a story with... how can I put it... an intentionally provocative headline. And we ended up talking for well over half an hour. Not as an interview. Not as something for the site the next day. Nothing like that. Just him talking about his side of something.
It wasn't McG yelling at me. It wasn't McG even necessarily trying to convince me of something. I think it was just McG looking to make sure that his version of things was on the record. And I get the feeling that's who he is in general. More than anything, he wants to be sure that he gets a chance to have his say.
Which explains why the "three-minute-interview" you're about to watch is ten minutes long.
Because of some of the more pointed things I've had to say about "Terminator: Salvation" as it's moved from script to screen, and because I'm the guy who ruined the ending of the movie, McG practically circled me a few times before we finally sat down to talk during the press day. And when they gave us the signal to wrap up, he waved the publicists in the room off several times.
[more after the jump]
So here it is, the full file. We d
So here it is, the full file. We debated running a piece of it, edited down, but you should get the full McG, just as I did.
Thanks, Warner Bros., and thanks McG, for taking the time. "Terminator: Salvation" opens Thursday nationwide.
News From Our Partners
- Xbox One Will Require Daily Internet Connection 'Hannibal' "Trou Normand" Preview: Is Will Losing His Mind? Quantum Break Trailer: Remedy Returns With Xbox One Exclusive
- T-ara Member Hyomin Shows Off Her Sexy Side in Korean InStyle [Pics] Listen to David Guetta's Remix of Empire of the Sun's 'Alive Demi Lovato to Have Her Tonsils Removed
- Seth MacFarlane's Next Film: 'Every Line Is Hilarious,' Amanda Seyfried Swears 'The Wolverine' Trailer: Five Questions It Answered 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million
- GIFS: 10 TV Housekeepers That Ran The Show Megan Smolenyak: Celebrity Roots Series "Who Do You Think You Are?" Returns This Is Going To Be AMAZING
- Hear This: An early Walkmen song gets anti-nostalgic Watch This: Thunder Road is one of the first, and finest, automotive action movies off the Hollywood lot Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Six: Michael Douglas plays Liberace in Steven Soderbergh’s swan song, Behind The Candelabra
- Is 'Jurassic Park 4' a Reboot? Yes, According to Sam Neill 'Return of the Jedi': 25 Things You Didn't Know About the Original 'Star Wars' Trilogy Finale Melissa McCarthy Fires a 'Tammy' Extra for Mistreating Her Child
- In Pictures: The Cars of Fast & Furious Digital Multiplex: Warm Bodies and Aftershock Discover the Best-Reviewed Films in Summer Movie Scorecard 2013
- The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H
One of the film's biggest ideas is explained more clearlyTuesday, May 21, 2013
Let's see what sort of boners fall out of Tobias's mouth this timeTuesday, May 21, 2013
The final film in the trilogy changes the way we look at the seriesTuesday, May 21, 2013
Plus he describes how he's like his character in the filmsMonday, May 20, 2013