First Look: Tom Hardy as Bane in 'Dark Knight Rises' revealed in viral game
Yep... looks like Bronson with a freaky mask
Now that they've officially announced the beginning of production, Warner Bros. appears to have kicked off their viral campaign for "The Dark Knight Rises," and the result is our first look at Tom Hardy as Bane, one of the film's big villains.
It's interesting how closely this appears to be following the model they followed with their "Dark Knight" campaign. I guess Warner feels like there's no reason to change something that built to a billion-dollar worldwide gross. They've got very different elements at play this time, though, and while I think the reveal of Heath Ledger's look as The Joker was one of those lightning-bolt pop culture moments thanks to the iconic Joker/Batman relationship. I'm not sure Bane holds anything like that sort of grip on the audience's minds.
- Check out everything there is including photos, reviews, videos.
I hope that even with reveals of characters like Selina Kyle aka Catwoman, played this time around by Anne Hathaway, they come at it sideways instead of just giving us a shot of the typical spandex clad… er, wait a minute. I just considered a spandex-clad Hathaway, and decided that is what I want after all. Scratch what I just said.
The point is that there are some big questions that are built into this third film, and I think starting everything with some creepy chanting that evidently, thanks to Batman fans who will evidently swarm over any site that has anything to do with Batman at all and strip the code down to its base. Here, they uncovered the Twitter hashtag #thefirerises, each tweet of which added one pixel to the picture that has now been completely decoded. Thank god JoBlo was playing along, because I still don't understand how this stuff works.
I have feeling it's going to be a long year with a whole lot of this sort of thing, and we'll certainly share the most interesting parts of it here.
"The Dark Knight Rises" opens everywhere July 20, 2012.
News From Our Partners
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Does Someone Have to Go?: Work Sucks.... If You Are On This Show The Telefile - Save Me: Lightning Strikes NBC
- What Netflix Really Wants Out Of 'Arrested Development' What To Watch This Memorial Day Weekend Is The New 'Bachelorette' Engaged?
- Weekly Ketchup: Fox and Marvel Both Courting Quicksilver for Comic Blockbusters Critics Consensus: Fast & Furious 6 is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Photos with Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Gina Carano and More
- What to Watch This Weekend: Orphan Black, Behind the Candelabra, and Arrested Development's Netflix Debut Do These Four New Arrested Development Clips Get You Excited for the Show's Return? (VIDEO) Arrested Development Q&A: Alia Shawkat on Maeby, the Return of the Show, and the Canonization of Mitch Hurwitz
- Would You Rather… Hang Backstage with One Direction or the Jonas Brothers? Watch Kesha Perform 'Machine Gun Love' Live See Pictures of Your Favorite Celebrity Couples Now + Then
- 'Fast & Furious 6': The Reviews Are In! 'Return Of The Jedi' Turns 30: Secrets Of Ewok Language Revealed! 'Fast & Furious 6' Expected To Lap 'Hangover III' At Box Office
- Will Smith Raps 'Fresh Prince' Theme with Jaden, Dances "Carlton" and "Apache" with Alfonso Ribiero 'Sons of Anarchy' Season 6: Kurt Sutter to Launch 'Talking Dead'-Style Companion Piece? The CW's 'Cult' Returns from Cancellation June 28
- Baz Luhrmann Passed on Directing 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone' Someone Just Paid $1.5 Million to Sit Next to Leonardo DiCaprio in Space Tim Curry Is Fine After Suffering a Massive Stroke: Report
How long until they discuss another film in this series?Friday, May 24, 2013
They can both use the same character, but will it be worth it?Thursday, May 23, 2013
Michael Cera and Alia Shawkat talk about returning to the roles of loving cousins for 'Arrested Development'Our conversation was an afternoon delightThursday, May 23, 2013
One of the emotional lynchpins of the series discusses the newest filmWednesday, May 22, 2013