Look, Iron Man's got a new friend as Paramount unveils the sequel's teaser poster
War Machine's ready for action in this mega-Marvel follow-up
I probably still owe Harry's wife and everyone else sitting near me some apologies for the noises I made when we saw the "Iron Man 2" clips package at Comic-Con this summer. She was sitting next to me, and for a moment, she must have thought Taylor Lautner had taken his shirt off somewhere. But no... that was just the sound of a lunatic comic book nerd seeing images onscreen that he honestly never expected to see.
I love this modern era of comic book movie making. I love that we're seeing things on a regular basis now that were unthinkable 20 years ago. The fantastic has become routine, and while some fans may be getting cynical about that, I'm not. I am thankful that my sons are going to grow up with these movies, and that I have lived long enough to see the icons of my childhood treated this well. Tonight, as Toshi was going to be, he had some of his Marvel Superhero Squad figures with him, and he kept calling one of them "Iron Man."
"No, Iron Man's the one in red and yellow, Toshi. That's his buddy. That's War Machine."
"War Machine? You're crazy!" So I told him about Rhodey (played in the sequel by Don Cheadle) and the back-up armor and War Machine, and Toshi flipped out. He was excited enough to be living in a world with one Iron Man... but a world with two?
Paramount premiered the poster online yesterday, and today we've got it for you as well. It's simple, direct, and promises some serious ass-kicking when the film hits theaters:
I guess we're done with 2009, essentially, if we're starting to kick off the big 2010 campaigns already, and since I'm a junkie for this stuff, I'm happy to start looking ahead.
As the poster says, you'll get a look at "Iron Man 2" on May 7th.
Can't get enough of Motion/Captured? Don't miss a post with daily HitFix Blog Alerts. Sign up now.
Don't miss out. Add Motion/Captured to your iGoogle, My Yahoo or My MSN experience by clicking here.
Not part of the HitFix Nation yet? Take 90 seconds and sign up today.
News From Our Partners
- "Fast & Furious 6" vs. "The Hangover: Part III": Which Movie Should You See? (VIDEO) 'Fast and Furious 6' Review: 10 Things You Should Know About the Action-Packed Sequel 'After Earth' Unscripted: Will and Jaden Smith on Filming With Deadly Snakes & On-Set Parenting (VIDEO)
- Critics Consensus: Fast & Furious 6 is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Photos with Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Gina Carano and More Video: The Hangover Part III Cast Interviews
- Why He Fell Asleep During That Interview Alex Trebek Has Gone Completely Insane Arrested Development Could Really Teach Politicians A Thing Or Two
- 'Fast & Furious 6': The Reviews Are In! 'Return Of The Jedi' Turns 30: Secrets Of Ewok Language Revealed! 'Fast & Furious 6' Expected To Lap 'Hangover III' At Box Office
- fun. Hit the Jersey Shore for 2013 'TODAY Show' Summer Concert Series Jennifer Hudson Reportedly Confirmed as 'American Idol' Judge Meet the Woman Who Won PopCrush's Autographed Pink Guitar!
- What to Watch This Weekend: Orphan Black, Behind the Candelabra, and Arrested Development's Netflix Debut Arrested Development Q&A: Alia Shawkat on Maeby, the Return of the Show, and the Canonization of Mitch Hurwitz What to Watch Tonight: The Season Premiere of Rookie Blue and the Series Premieres of Save Me, Showville, and Does Someone Have to Go?
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Does Someone Have to Go?: Work Sucks.... If You Are On This Show The Telefile - Save Me: Lightning Strikes NBC
- Hear This: “Second Best” reflects a pivotal moment all serious bands face Watch This: The wages and the fear remain high in William Friedkin’s Sorcerer Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Nine: James Gray and Joaquin Phoenix reteam for a compelling period drama
How long until they discuss another film in this series?Friday, May 24, 2013
They can both use the same character, but will it be worth it?Thursday, May 23, 2013
Michael Cera and Alia Shawkat talk about returning to the roles of loving cousins for 'Arrested Development'Our conversation was an afternoon delightThursday, May 23, 2013
One of the emotional lynchpins of the series discusses the newest filmWednesday, May 22, 2013