Listen: The Motion/Captured Podcast #6 on 'Shrek Forever After,' Costner's 'New Daughter,' Film Nerd 2.0 and more
Special guest Scott Swan discusses 'Shrek Forever After,' Costner's 'New Daughter,' Film Nerd 2.0 and more
I think I manage to come across as fairly articulate on the podcast, which is a miracle since I frequently feel like I'm a marble-mouthed goofball. For example, you'd think I would be able to say the name of my own podcast and blog fairly easily. But no. No, I have some sort of head trauma that makes me say "The Motion Picture Podcast" almost every single time I try to say the title.
So for the sake of my sanity, and also so that I can run the snazzy graphic you see attached to this article, we're going to make the transition to calling it The MCP. It's technically the same title it's always been, only now there's a lot less chance I'll mangle it when I open my mouth.
Besides... this makes it sound like a new energy drink for 14 year olds. Marketing nirvana. "You gotta get The MCP in you!" Errrrr... wait. Maybe not. When I say it like that, it sounds like it's gonna end in an arrest.
I think it's a pretty good one this week. My special guest is Scott Swan again, and we talk about summer movies and his aversion to pretty much everything coming out this year. We also play a round of Movie God, then run down this week's new releases on DVD and in theaters. A very special added feature this week involves my son Toshi, who has been the subject of the ongoing column "Film Nerd 2.0" here at the site. Today, we've got the first audio version of that as he stops by for a minute to explain his love of Godzilla to me.
It's a whole lot of cute.
Here's a rundown for what you'll hear this week, segment by segment.
Intro 00:00 - 3:30
A quick introduction of Scott "The French Connection 3D" Swan.
Movie God 3:30 - 9:50
Three rounds of the game in which you are forced to pick which of two titles never existed, striking some classic from the record completely.
On The Shelf 9:50 - 25:00
This week's new releases include "Valentine's Day," "Invictus," the Criterion "Walkabout" Blu-ray, and "Outlander."
On The Screen 25:00 - 30:00
On My Mind 30:00 - 49:15
We discuss two important questions, one about summer movies and one about the difficulty of ending long-form stories with passionate audiences.
Film Nerd 2.0 49:15 - 53:45
In which Toshi drops by to talk about Godzilla movies and maybe do an impression.
Wrap-Up 53:45 - 1:04
I ask Scott about the last three films he saw, and he offers up his opinion on this year's most controversial title, 'A Serbian Film.'
Looking forward to your feedback, and to getting better at this. Thanks for being part of the experiment, folks. As always, you can e-mail me at email@example.com or follow me on Twitter, where I'm DrewAtHitFix.
The Motion/Captured Podcast #6
News From Our Partners
- Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18 Justin Bieber + Selena Gomez Will Sit Together at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain
This is one you'll want to watch as soon as you've seen the movieFriday, May 17, 2013
Plus we look back at a more spirited encounter with the comic actorThursday, May 16, 2013
The Channing Tatum/Mila Kunis science-fiction action movie is shooting nowThursday, May 16, 2013
Hollywood's busiest alien spends a little more time with StarfleetThursday, May 16, 2013