Listen: The MCP interviews Bobcat Goldthwait, Eduardo Sanchez, and 'Livid' filmmakers from Toronto
This week's podcast is stuffed with Midnight Madness discussion
I'll say this much… if you're a fan of the podcast at all, this is your lucky week.
This is the first of two full podcasts we recorded this week. The other will be up at some point tomorrow, and features one of my favorite segments from the two years we've been doing this.
Today, though, we've got a preposterous amount of material to share with you, and I decided to have Scott help me introduce four separate interviews I conducted over the course of the Toronto International Film Festival that just wrapped up.
One of the reasons I'm grateful for the Midnight Madness programming at the festival is because it would be easy to get worn down by the serious fare that the festival offers all day long, and Midnight Madness is always full of the most delightful lunatics. Where else are you going to see crazy Indonesian action, a dark killing spree comedy, creepy possession horror, and bizarre dark French fairy tales all in the same line-up?
- Check out everything there is including photos, reviews, videos.
As I was running around town recording these, conditions were sort of all over the place. Some of them took place in hotel rooms, some in restaurants, and some just on the street when we had a chance to take five minutes out from standing in line. As a result, this week's going to be a little uneven technically, but I think I've done the best I can to make it all easy to enjoy.
Because it's such a long podcast, I made sure you can use this week's breakdown to go listen to individual interviews if that's what you want.
THIS WEEK ON THE PODCAST:
"That's the man who kissed the monkey!": 00:00 - 01:00
Introduction: 01:00 - 04:00
This Week In The News: 04:00 - 15:20
Toronto introduction: 15:20 - 20:30
Bobcat Goldthwait/"God Bless America": 20:30 - 48:20
Eduardo Sanchez and cast/"Lovely Molly": 48:20 - 1:34:00
Julien Maury and Alexandre Bustillo/"Livid": 1:34:00 - 1:58:00
Wrapping it up: 1:58:00 - 2:02:38
I'll have the next one for you tomorrow, where you can expect to hear Paul Williams, the Duplass Brothers, and a truly difficult interview with a guy I like a lot.
As always, you can play the embedded podcast, find us on iTunes, or download directly from the link below. Please let us know what you think, and thank you, as always, for listening.
The Motion/Captured Podcast S2E11: Toronto Midnight Madness interviews - Bobcat Goldthwait, 'Lovely Molly,' and 'Livid'
News From Our Partners
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18 Justin Bieber + Selena Gomez Will Sit Together at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
This is one you'll want to watch as soon as you've seen the movieFriday, May 17, 2013
Plus we look back at a more spirited encounter with the comic actorThursday, May 16, 2013
The Channing Tatum/Mila Kunis science-fiction action movie is shooting nowThursday, May 16, 2013
Hollywood's busiest alien spends a little more time with StarfleetThursday, May 16, 2013