Listen: Paul Haggis discusses Russell Crowe and 'The Next Three Days' on this week's podcast
Plus Movie God with Scott Swan and a rundown on recent DVD and Blu-ray releases
It's actually very easy to find. Just go to "Podcasts > Movies & TV > Drew McWeeny," and there it is... the Motion/Captured Podcast on iTunes finally.
And to celebrate, I had a collapse of the system I'd been using to produce the podcast up to this point. A completely stupid convergence of events that left me with a raw audio file and no way to use the software I've been using to edit the thing. Finally, I got everything set up again, and so here we are with the tenth MCP, and hopefully we can use this milestone as the end of the "experimental" phase of podcasting and we can get busy treating this as a regular feature here at the site.
It's fitting that this would be my first new post after the redesign, too. What do you guys think of the new version of HitFix? We plan to constantly evolve over the life of the site to better reflect what you, our readers, are telling us is important to you. We don't ever want to get so comfortable that we just assume that we're finished developing. That's why I'm pushing myself to learn a new skill set like podcasting after over a decade of being perfectly happy just working in print.
This is a very loose and silly episode overall, and I haven't forgotten my promise to dedicate a series of special podcasts to the big box sets coming out on Blu-ray this fall, including the "Alien Anthology," the "Back to the Future" series, and a look back at "Harry Potter" so far as we enter the home stretch. I can produce one of these almost in real time once I've got everything set up properly, so there's no reason for me to hold back.
Here's a breakdown on this week's show:
Intro 00:00 - 4:45
In which we say hello to Scott 'Big Junior' Swan, learn what he's been up to recently, and define what you can do on a PG-rated podcast.
Movie God 4:45 - 16:25
We play a round of the cruelest game for film fans, and this time, we pit some of the greats of indie cinema against each other in some ugly match-ups.
On The Shelf 16:25 - 45:45
On The Record 45:45 - 1:00:15
Wrap-up 1:00:15 - 1:03:59
A quick look ahead at the rest of the year, and we're out for another week.
The Motion/Captured Podcast #10: Paul Haggis on 'The Next Three Days'
News From Our Partners
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- Kelly Rowland Close to Signing 'X Factor' Deal Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do.
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
The director's next film promises to be packed with talentSunday, May 19, 2013
This is one you'll want to watch as soon as you've seen the movieFriday, May 17, 2013
Plus we look back at a more spirited encounter with the comic actorThursday, May 16, 2013
The Channing Tatum/Mila Kunis science-fiction action movie is shooting nowThursday, May 16, 2013