Listen: Emily Blunt discusses Dick, Damon, 'Adjustment Bureau' on The M/C Podcast
We play a Dick-centric round of Movie God and talk Tarantino and Malick
It's not that it is difficult for me to put the podcast together after Scott and I record it, because it's not. All told, I'd guess it takes about 30 minutes to edit one of these after I record it. Start to finish.
The problem is setting aside the time to do it as other stories are breaking or deadlines hit or family demands arise. There are screenings to attend, things to write, and the podcast sometimes sits on my desktop, taunting me.
That's what happened this week. And I'm sorry. It's a good one. In particular, I really like the interview with Emily Blunt this week. She is effortlessly charming in conversation, and she really likes "The Adjustment Bureau," the new film she's in. You can tell. It's a very shaggy, amiable back and forth about fate and love and Dick and Damon, a potent cocktail to say the least.
In honor of the release of "The Adjustment Bureau," based on a short story by Philip K. Dick, my guest host Scott Swan and I played a particularly Dick-centric round of Movie God, and my guess is that some of you are going to be angry about the films we choose to keep or kill in the game this time around, and hopefully you'll be entertained by the way we tied each round of the game in to the week's theme.
Here's a breakdown of the show, in case you want to skip ahead:
00:00 - 4:00 Introductions
4:00 - 18:20 Movie God. This week, in honor of the release of "The Adjustment Bureau," we played three rounds of Dick-centric Movie God. What that means is a little different in each of the three rounds, so check it out, especially if you love "Total Recall" and want to get very angry at both of us.
18:20 - 28:20 This Week In Video/Blu-ray. "Bambi" on Blu-ray, "127 Hours," "Faster," "The Cable Guy" on Blu, and more.
28:20 - 35:10 This Week In Theaters. "Rango," "The Adjustment Bureau," "I Saw The Devil," and more.
35:10 - 51:45 My interview with Emily Blunt.
51:45 - 1:02:46 The big question of the week and discussion of stories in the news gets us from Terrence Malick to Quentin Tarantino, with a whole bunch of meandering in-between.
As always, you can find the podcast on iTunes, or you can play it embedded below or download it directly from us. I'll check on the RSS feed, and I'm sure we've got one, so for the next episode, hopefully I'll have that info for those of you who prefer it that way.
Next week, I'll have on the director of the new film "Rubber," one of several releases this spring that probably shouldn't exist but do. That's the subject of next week's show as well, so I hope we'll have that for you before I leave town to visit Area 51 and then head to SXSW.
Busy, busy, busy...
The Motion/Captured Podcast S2E3: Emily Blunt
News From Our Partners
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- 'Doctor Who' Season 8 Confirmed, Steven Moffat to Return The Wrap Up: Behind-the-Scenes Image from 'Godzilla' Shows a Train in Peril Batman: Arkham Origins Will See the Return of Kevin Conroy
- A Final 'Office' Farewell Stefon Marries Anderson Cooper In Final Show Creed Bratton: Closing Creed Thoughts
- Carly Rae Jepsen's 'Call Me Maybe' Captures Top Digital Song Honor at 2013 Billboard Music Awards Macklemore + Ryan Lewis Win Best Rap Song for 'Thrift Shop' at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 2013 Billboard Music Awards Gets a Tour From Taylor Swift's '22′ Performance [Video]
- Box Office: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Misses $100M Domestic Mark on Opening Weekend Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO)
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Four: The Coen brothers return to the festival with a folk-rock flashback Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- FTW vs. WTF: The TV Week in Review (May 19) Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy
The director's next film promises to be packed with talentSunday, May 19, 2013
This is one you'll want to watch as soon as you've seen the movieFriday, May 17, 2013
Plus we look back at a more spirited encounter with the comic actorThursday, May 16, 2013
The Channing Tatum/Mila Kunis science-fiction action movie is shooting nowThursday, May 16, 2013