Listen: Oscar nominee David O. Russell talks 'Fighter,' and 'Uncharted' on this week's M/C Podcast
Plus 'Enter The Void,' Zack Snyder and bad buzz, and this week in home video
In the last six to eight weeks, I've listened to a lot of other podcasts. I've been curious to see what I like, what I don't like, what aesthetic choices other people make. I've also gotten mail from many of you about what you don't like and what you do, and I'm taking all of this information and trying to incorporate it into a better podcast each time.
I think it's pretty much set in stone at this point that Scott Swan is my co-host on the podcast, but I like treating him like a special guest each and every week because it makes me laugh. Scott is my oldest friend that I'm in constant contact with, and at this point, after 21 years of working together, there's no one I have a better rapport with. That's what makes him the perfect sounding board for me as we have these loose and free-wheeling conversations.
And I think "loose" is a good description for this week's show. We were a little rusty, so the show ended up running long this week. It's worth it, though, for two segments in particular.
First, there's my interview with Oscar-nominee David O. Russell. As long as I've admired his work, I've never had the opportunity to chat with him, and I can think of no better time to do so.
Second, there's the chat Scott and I have about "Enter The Void," which is finally out on Blu-ray and DVD and available on services like Netflix Streaming. The movie was my pick as the best film of 2009, and I've been waiting to show it to Scott for a while.
In addition, we talk about this week's new releases on home video and in the theaters, we discuss that behind-the-scenes "Star Wars" fan-made documentary, we talk about Zack Snyder and the specter of bad buzz, and we answer one question that one of you sent to us.
Here's the full break-down of the show, which you can listen to embedded below, download from this page, or which you can get from iTunes:
00:00 - 4:15: Introduction, in which Scott and I generally fart around for a few minutes while settling in.
4:15 - 21:10: We discuss some news stories, including the recent fan-made "Star Wars" documentary and the bad buzz around "Sucker Punch."
21:10 - 42:30: This week in home video, we feature five films being released, including Wes Craven's "My Soul To Take," the "I Spit On Your Grave" remake, "Unstoppable," and Blu-ray releases of "Last Tango In Paris," "Five Corners," and "Rain Man".
42:30 - 45:00: This week in theaters, including "I Am Number Four" and "Unknown."
1:07:40 - 1:20:00: Scott and I discuss "Enter The Void," which he just saw for the first time last weekend.
1:20:00 - 1:32:14: We answer a letter from a reader, we talk about what's coming up on the podcast, and we say goodbye for this week.
As always, I want to encourage you to send us your questions, and maybe we'll discuss one of them on the air next week. It can be about anything, and we'll do our best to address it honestly and completely.
We'll have the next podcast early next week, complete with a charming interview with Emily Blunt, and until then, I hope you enjoy this one.
The Motion/Captured Podcast S2E2: David O. Russell and 'Enter The Void'
News From Our Partners
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- Pop Bytes: Michael Jackson's Nephew Negates Wade Robson's Molestation Claims + More Watch Macklemore, Kendrick Lamar, Ellie Goulding + More on Hangout Festival Livestream Dumb Celebrity Quotes – Who Said This?
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- 'Da Vinci's Demons' Review: "The Devil" 'Assassin's Creed' Movie Slated For Memorial Day 2015 Amazon Picks Up John Goodman's 'Alpha House,' Computer Comedy 'Betas'
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- The Future Of Olivia And Fitz, And More Season 3 Scoop SPOILER ALERT: What's Ahead In 'Nikita' Season 4? Google Glass Does Porn
- Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Two: Iranian director Asghar Farhadi chases A Separation with another stunning drama
This is one you'll want to watch as soon as you've seen the movieFriday, May 17, 2013
Plus we look back at a more spirited encounter with the comic actorThursday, May 16, 2013
The Channing Tatum/Mila Kunis science-fiction action movie is shooting nowThursday, May 16, 2013
Hollywood's busiest alien spends a little more time with StarfleetThursday, May 16, 2013