Listen: David Arquette joins the podcast to discuss Dewey's return to 'Scream 4'
We discuss the legacy of 'Scream' along with this week's new DVD and theatrical releases
As long as I've been working online, there have been "Scream" movies to cover.
I remember the frenzy around "Scream 2," the desperate rush to figure out what Wes Craven and Kevin Williamson were doing with the movie, the fake scripts that were leaked to the Internet. And from the start of our conversation, it's apparent that David Arquette remembers those days as well.
It's been a long time since that happened, though, and in the time since, both the Internet and David Arquette have changed quite a bit.
It's a weird podcast this week. Scott and I digressed a bit as we were running down this weak in home video, and we spent almost a full hour on the first part of the podcast. I tried to torture him with this week's round of Movie God, but I failed completely because the more we talked, the clearer it became to both of us: we are not Wes Craven fans.
We'll get into it in the episode, but it's one of those things I hate bringing up because Craven's got such a major reputation in the world of horror, and in person, he's a pretty great guy. Smart, charming, with a wealth of interests, he's one of those guys who is always impressive in conversation, and yet, looking at his career as a whole, I have trouble wrapping my head around how he built that reputation.
Here's a quick breakdown of what you'll hear this week:
00:00 - 10:00 / Introduction
10:00 - 24:45 / Movie God
24:45 - 55:00 / This Week in Home Video
55:00 - 1:12:00 / David Arquette interview
1:12:00 - 1:25:54 / "Scream" conversation and wrap-up
And if you missed it, my review of "Scream 4" is right here.
We'll be back with another new podcast next week. "Scream 4" opens everywhere this Friday.
The Motion/Captured Podcast S2E6: David Arquette discusses the return of Dewey in 'Scream 4'
News From Our Partners
- Seth MacFarlane's Next Film: 'Every Line Is Hilarious,' Amanda Seyfried Swears 'The Wolverine' Trailer: Five Questions It Answered 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million
- Is 'Jurassic Park 4' a Reboot? Yes, According to Sam Neill 'Return of the Jedi': 25 Things You Didn't Know About the Original 'Star Wars' Trilogy Finale Melissa McCarthy Fires a 'Tammy' Extra for Mistreating Her Child
- HomeVideo Review: My Neighbor Totoro / Howl’s Moving Castle TV Club 10: What made The Middle one of the best family comedies in years For Our Consideration: Will indie-rock reunions become just part of the plan?
- In Pictures: The Cars of Fast & Furious Digital Multiplex: Warm Bodies and Aftershock Discover the Best-Reviewed Films in Summer Movie Scorecard 2013
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS 7 Lessons We Learned from the 2012-2013 TV Season
- Who Won 'DWTS'? Backstage Drama Leads To 'Nashville' Changes Who Went Home On 'The Voice'?
- 'Grimm' Season Finale Review: "Goodnight, Sweet Grimm" 'The Killing' Season 3′s Latest Trailer: The Beginning of a New Spree! 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Zod Will Make Us Suffer
- The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H
As the series shifts focus and winds down, we talk to the main trio about returning one last timeWednesday, May 22, 2013
One of the film's biggest ideas is explained more clearlyTuesday, May 21, 2013
Let's see what sort of boners fall out of Tobias's mouth this timeTuesday, May 21, 2013
The final film in the trilogy changes the way we look at the seriesTuesday, May 21, 2013