'Percy Jackson' star Logan Lerman rumored to be new 'Spider-Man'
'Percy Jackson' star confirms he's in the running for the highly-coveted role
As the press junket for "Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief" takes place in LA this weekend, my guess is that Logan Lerman can expect to be quizzed about this rumor incessantly. Evidently, Logan Lerman is one of the people currently talking to Sony about playing Peter Parker in the new "Spider-Man" reboot directed by Marc Webb.
It's his own fault, really. After all, he's the one who spilled the beans to Billy Bush of "Access Hollywood" in the first place. The casting makes sense. One studio's already hung a major franchise on the young actor, and he's the right age to play a high-school Peter Parker. Lerman's 18 years old, and he's been working in film for a decade already, having made appearances in films like "The Patriot," "Hoot," and "3:10 To Yuma." He's not a big star yet, so Sony won't have to spend out the nose to sign him, but there's a chance he's about to break big, which makes him a good bet.
This is the first truly credible casting rumor so far, and hopefully it puts a bullet in the head of that ridiculous Zac Efron tabloid rumor that's been bouncing around for a while. Keep in mind, though... Lerman doesn't have the job yet. He's just had conversations, which is a long way from being "in talks," as many outlets are reporting right now.
In the meantime, we'll be following up on this like prety much everyone else online in the next few days, and if there's solid news about the casting, we'll make sure you hear it right here at HitFix.
Can't get enough of Motion/Captured? Don't miss a post with daily HitFix Blog Alerts. Sign up now.
Don't miss out. Add Motion/Captured to your iGoogle, My Yahoo or My MSN experience by clicking here.
Not part of the HitFix Nation yet? Take 90 seconds and sign up today.
News From Our Partners
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain
- Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18 Justin Bieber + Selena Gomez Will Sit Together at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
This is one you'll want to watch as soon as you've seen the movieFriday, May 17, 2013
Plus we look back at a more spirited encounter with the comic actorThursday, May 16, 2013
The Channing Tatum/Mila Kunis science-fiction action movie is shooting nowThursday, May 16, 2013
Hollywood's busiest alien spends a little more time with StarfleetThursday, May 16, 2013