First Look: 'Attack the Block' home video release and box art
Joe Cornish's inventive alien invasion can now be see by even more people
Sony announced the DVD and Blu-Ray release of the little movie that could, "Attack the Block." and were nice enough to send HitFix a first look at the box and some details about the extras as well as a good idea on how they're going to market it.
The inner city Alien invasion movie features a group of rough and tumble teenagers who find themselves deending their housing project from an invasion of jet black aliens, as well as maneuvering their way around other dangers such as drug dealers and the police.
In an interesting departure from the early days (March of this year) in which the thick working class london accents and slang of the main characters was thought to be a major barrier to releasing the film in the US, it now looks as if they are embracing said accent as an asset instead of a liability.
From the press release:
“It’s an alien invasion, bruv – believe it” and it’s coming to you from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. “Trust, fam!”
Click through for DVD details and box art.
I have a pet theory that our ears are all becoming more accustomed to these accents due to the proliferation of them in our online viewing habits. You can get your Wright/Pegg/Frost fix anytime of the day by watching old episodes of 'Spaced' and If you haven't watched 'Misfits' yet, do so immediately. It's a global entertainment village, ain't it?
Drew championed the film and we co hosted some local screenings of it before Sony picked it up, and it's great to see a small film like this get the attention it deserves. Even better is the fact that anyone, especially those who live far from an art house theater, can see films like this in their homes.
Check out the DVD box below, and here are few more details on the DVD extras:
Blu-ray and DVD Bonus Material
- 5 Featurettes:
- Behind the Block
- Creature Feature
- Meet the Gang
- Unfilmed Action
- That’s a Rap
3 Filmmaker & Cast Commentaries:
- Junior Commentary with Writer/Director Joe Cornish with John Boyega, Alex Esmail, Franz Drameh, Simon Howard and Leeon Jones
- Senior Commentary with Joe Cornish with Jodie Whittaker, Luke Treadaway and Nick Frost
- Executive Producer Commentary with Joe Cornish with Executive Producer Edgar Wright
News From Our Partners
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- Behind The Shocking 'Grey's Anatomy' Finale WATCH: Tobias Fünke's New Sizzle Reel Is Epic JLo Steals Spotlight On 'American Idol'
- Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Two: Iranian director Asghar Farhadi chases A Separation with another stunning drama
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- Amazon Picks Up John Goodman's 'Alpha House,' Computer Comedy 'Betas' 'Rapturepalooza' Trailer: Anna Kendrick Gets Seduced by Satan 'Doctor Who' Season 8: Matt Smith Confirmed to Stay Another Year?
This is one you'll want to watch as soon as you've seen the movieFriday, May 17, 2013
Plus we look back at a more spirited encounter with the comic actorThursday, May 16, 2013
The Channing Tatum/Mila Kunis science-fiction action movie is shooting nowThursday, May 16, 2013
Hollywood's busiest alien spends a little more time with StarfleetThursday, May 16, 2013