Exclusive: Paul Rudd torments his family and fashion on new 'Our Idiot Brother' poster
Elizabeth Banks, Emily Mortimer, and Zooey Deschanel join Rudd for new one-sheet
The Crocs alone are going to get me in the theater.
I'm sure there are people out there who don't like Paul Rudd, but I can't actually recall meeting any of them. I know first-hand the effect he has on the ladies, because I've witnessed it whenever my wife is around him or even watching him, and I think there is an entire generation of women who were marked for life by "Clueless." For comedy fans, there was a rebirth of Rudd that started with "Wet Hot American Summer" and really picked up speed thanks to "Anchorman." And Hollywood loves him, as evidenced by James L. Brooks casting him as the lead in his last film and actually casting Jack Nicholson to play his dad.
When you talk to Rudd about comedy, it's obvious that he's a huge fan and a rabid consumer, a guy who is almost always out there pushing for the new. One of the reasons I love seeing him make comedies is because I know how seriously he takes it. You should listen to the new "Comedy Bang-Bang" podcast, where host Scott Aukerman talks to Rudd, David Wain, and Ken Marino about the making of "Wet Hot." Rudd's great at taking what is on the page and making it live and breathe, but he's also one of those guys who is just painfully funny in off-hand conversation.
I missed "Our Idiot Brother" at Sundance this year, but I look forward to it. Not just for Rudd, either, but also for the rest of the cast. Elizabeth Banks, Zooey Deschanel, AND Emily Mortimer are the sisters? Man, I get the vapors just reading that list. All lovely, all hilarious. I think comedy is at its best when it offers up something recognizable, something that you immediately can tie back into your own life experience, and this notion of the one family member who just can't get their act together, who serves as a sort of shambling amiable cautionary tale for everyone else in the family… well, that seems very direct and real to me. I'm excited to finally see this one.
And now, as a HitFix exclusive, we've got the new one sheet from the film for you:
Looks good, and I can't wait to check it out for myself when "Our Idiot Brother" arrives in theaters.
News From Our Partners
- One Direction Announce Where We Are Stadium Tour for 2014 Miley Cyrus Wants Everyone to Know She's Still Engaged by Posting This New Pic Most Anticipated Album Release for June 2013 – Readers Poll
- Weekend Movies: 'Star Trek Into Darkness,' 'Black Rock,' and More Bruce Willis Set for 'Expiration': Actor Will Play Hitman in Next Movie Emma Watson Says She is in No Rush 'To Be Seen as a Woman'
- The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed
- What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More The CW's 2013-2014 Schedule: Supernatural Switches Nights Again, The Vampire Diaries Pairs With Reign Watch the Trailers for The CW's New Series, Including The 100, Star-Crossed, and Reign (VIDEO)
- Hulu.com: Is The Office the Definitive TV Show of the '00s? Craziest 'Simpsons' Couch Gag Yet? Denied By PBS?
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day One: Sofia Coppola offers the first misfire of the festival Hear This: A song with a long title succinctly encapsulates ’90s power-pop Watch This: Laura Palmer lives—however briefly—in Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
- State of Decay, TMNT Release Dates Leaked by Gamestop Watch 'The Hangover 3′ Stars Zach Galifianakis and Ken Jeong Perform Stand-Up Together in 1998 'Pacific Rim' Trailer: When Man and Machine Become One
- Total Recall: Star Trek Movies Parental Guidance: Star Trek Into Darkness In Pictures: The Stars of Star Trek Into Darkness
The Channing Tatum/Mila Kunis science-fiction action movie is shooting nowThursday, May 16, 2013
Hollywood's busiest alien spends a little more time with StarfleetThursday, May 16, 2013
David Twohy's latest looks lean and meanWednesday, May 15, 2013
Can this series really survive the loss of Justin Lin?Wednesday, May 15, 2013